Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooo I need to get a hold of thermaltake they almost burnt my house down.

Default Sooo I need to get a hold of thermaltake they almost burnt my house down.

Just took a brand new power supply out of the box and it shorted out and sent sparks out on my carpet causing burn marks. I am not really happy and am getting ready to test out newegg and thermaltake customer service. Anybody have any experience with their customer service?
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Default Re: Sooo I need to get a hold of thermaltake they almost burnt my house down.

That's not supposed to happen... very likely Thermaltake should be interested in getting their hands on the power supply to determine what went wrong. I'd contact both them and Newegg and see what they both want to do about it. Ideal situation is there's a new power supply on the way in a hurry, plus a postage paid shipping box to drop the dead one into.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Default Re: Sooo I need to get a hold of thermaltake they almost burnt my house down.

booting linux, and copying over the customer's data on by desktop right now. He needed this computer tomorrow, but he also had an unrealistic timeline and he is going to have to make do with his laptop.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Their customer service is good. They respond pretty fast.

You'll definitely get a free replacement, either from newegg or thermaltake. Really crappy to hear about that, though. Maybe they'll even shoot you some money for the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    You'll definitely get a free replacement, either from newegg or thermaltake. Really crappy to hear about that, though. Maybe they'll even shoot you some money for the carpet.
    Waiting to hear back, not really worried about the carpet. Keep you guys posted.

Well went to check on my rma and it never process so I got on live chat and they tell me to call the number, now I am waiting on a call back from newegg. Thermaltake hasn't responded either.

Newegg is giving me an advanced RMA

Good.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

I had this happen a super long time ago.

the glue that held the socket in place had a small piece of wire stuck in it, shot a comet across the work table though at the time and i nearly pee'd myself LOL

Best o luck with the RMA process yo