Thread: Three cards, two in SLi?

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Three cards, two in SLi?

So I have a bunch of new components I wanna use as my main computer and I have a question before I waste my time.

I want to use 2 8800GTXs in SLi for my primary monitor, and use a 9800GT to run my other 2 monitors.

Aside from board space/PSU limitation can this be done? I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. The board is a Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 which has an AMD 990X chipset.

H2O will fix any space issues I have and I have 1kW PSU I plan to put in eventually.

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Re: Three cards, two in SLi?

Why do I always find the answers to my questions after posting a thread?

From nVidias' site:
    Can I add a 3rd graphics card in my 2-way SLI enabled PC to connect more monitors?

Yes, you can add an additional graphics card to your PC to connect two additional monitors. The additional graphics card must have a GPU that is different from your SLI GPUs and must be NVIDIA PhysX capable (GeForce 8 series and higher with at least 256MB of memory). For example, two GeForce GTX 2XX GPUs in SLI and a GeForce 9XXX GT is a supported configuration.

Anyone with this setup, or experience doing this let me know what problems if any you've experienced.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Three cards, two in SLi?

You should have no problems I run 3 x 260 GTX and 1 9600 and have had 3 different monitors connected at one time. Main display (3D) on the SLI and 2 others on the 9600 IIRC. I know you can run 2 monitors off of SLI and 1 off of the 9600.
    I think we can make that fit.