Thread: Mouse glitched out...

Default Mouse glitched out...

So today I'm working away in CAD trying to finish up a drawing and my mouse totally flips out! Normal operation of the scroll wheel is scroll zooms, and the center button when held pans around. Poof... I'm stuck in pan and can't get out. I give it the three finger salute and switch to a different program and come back again and it seems to be responding. But no pan. [Mouse is Logitech G700, OS is WinXP/SP3]

Rebooted, didn't solve it.
    Tried unplugging the mouse and it's receiver. Still not working right.
    Not using Logitech's driver for the mouse, just Windows HID Mouse driver which has worked fine for me.

A little while later, I'm composing an email and go to drag and drop an attachment [Outlook 2003] to the email. It drags, but doesn't do anything when dropped. I hit the attach button and browse for the file and attach it.

Now, I go try to drag an item into my recycle bin. Won't go in. I can drag the file around on the desktop, but when I let go it just goes back where it was.

This is really making it hard to do anything with this system. I don't see anything odd running on it, so chances of some malware are low although I'll likely run a scan anyway before I check out for the weekend. Anybody ever see anything like this happen? This is a new one for me.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

I ... fight ... for ... the USERS! f8l_0e's Avatar

Default Re: Mouse glitched out...

You could try opening it and cleaning the inside with compressed air.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-seri...es/td-p/656014

After trying everything else I could... started a new WindowsXP profile, uninstalled HID mouse drivers and rebooted, etc. I was still having no luck. Due to some of the symptoms it appeared to be Windows having the issue.

I decided to try out a different mouse, just a cheapie from the office. Issue immediately went away. Plugged in the wireless receiver again, no issue. Switched on the mouse, issue again. Apparently the thing is sending some very strange signals.

I went and bought a new Performance MX mouse from the blue shirt place at lunchtime. Couldn't stand the corded cheapie that doesn't fit my hand.

I'll probably drag the G700 home and strip it for parts. I was cleaning my MX Revolution and lost a tiny spring from the scroll wheel cradle. Might have a similar spring inside this one.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

since patch tuesday 2 months ago my wired logitech trackman has been doing odd things as well. I think it is definitely something with windows because I have cleaned it to no avail. My issues are double clicks with the scroll wheel when only clicking once, or not recognizing the click at all. My left and right buttons are fine, but it is kind of odd we are both having scroll wheel issues.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

This started on me in the middle of the day. Just all of a sudden like. No malware running. No patches. Just doing CAD work peacefully, then my system goes straight to hell. Good thing I sorted it out. I was getting ready to wipe/reinstall WinXP. Not a productive use of my time.