Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Default Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/10/3...ode-7-in-2015/

The series is done why are they trying to make more!
    Will

Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

I would love to see some more storylines in the Star Wars universe brought to the big screen. As far as Episode 1-6 goes... yeah. Done. Leave it.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Maybe we'll get a theatrical version released, or some better releases of the original trilogy without all the crappy changes. Also, maybe some of the old LucasArts adventure games will get re-released now. That would be awesome.

I wouldn't mind some of the stories with the skywalker and solo children... that would be kind of neat.
    Not dead yet

When I first heard this afternoon, my first reaction was .. Oh CRAP!!! But after a few moments once it sunk in, I realized this probably isn't as bad as alot of people are making it out to be. Disney bought Marvel in 2009 and they haven't really negatively impacted the movies they have put out in the last 3 years. Most of them have been huge releases. They have brought in good directors, actors, etc etc. It also seems they haven't really messed with the Marvel culture either. Also, even though I don't watch it, I have heard the Clone Wars series has been doing pretty well, and seems to have a pretty good following. So maybe this isn't too bad of a move. This will also give them the Indiana Jones franchise as well, and they can't mess it up any worse then the last movie did. Who knows maybe they can resurrect something with it, or at least expand on something with in it. "The adventures of Short Round!!!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    I would love to see some more storylines in the Star Wars universe brought to the big screen. As far as Episode 1-6 goes... yeah. Done. Leave it.
    I agree with this! I would love to see something ventured in the Star Wars universe on the big screen, but I don't think it should be Episode VII. It should be another story line. As much as people don't care for the Episode I, II and III, I thought there was something quite interesting about what it did to the Star Wars story line. If you take the first set of movies (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi) and ask someone.. "Who was the main character of those movies or the Star Wars trilogy?" The answer would be Luke Skywalker. Now introduce The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith to the story line and it totally transforms the series to actually be about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. I think from that stand point its quite brilliant. I don't necessarily agree with all the choices that went into taking us there, but then again they didn't ask me. I still enjoyed them none the less.

The big problem I am wondering about is when it comes to places like theforce.net and the fan film and replica prop communities. I know Disney can be absolutely vicious when it comes to their IP. Companies/Individuals that are making things like replica light sabres and Stormtrooper armor could be devastated if Disney decides to go control freak on them. I guess that is one of my biggest concerns over the whole thing.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Talking about another 3 Star Wars movies is old news.

Did any of you read the "Young Jedi Knights" series of books? Those would be awesome movies.

Whoot for a new Disney Princess haha

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post

I agree with this! I would love to see something ventured in the Star Wars universe on the big screen, but I don't think it should be Episode VII. It should be another story line. As much as people don't care for the Episode I, II and III, I thought there was something quite interesting about what it did to the Star Wars story line. If you take the first set of movies (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi) and ask someone.. "Who was the main character of those movies or the Star Wars trilogy?" The answer would be Luke Skywalker. Now introduce The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith to the story line and it totally transforms the series to actually be about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. I think from that stand point its quite brilliant. I don't necessarily agree with all the choices that went into taking us there, but then again they didn't ask me. I still enjoyed them none the less.

finally, someone else that has looked past jar jar binks and sees some of the deeper story taking place in the prequels and how it totally changes your view of vader.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Maybe we'll get a theatrical version released, or some better releases of the original trilogy without all the crappy changes. Also, maybe some of the old LucasArts adventure games will get re-released now. That would be awesome.
    I would love to see a new version or sequel to the excellent 1998 game "Grim Fandango", "The Department of Death" has more work to do

Personally, I love Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. So with that in mind, I guess I wouldn't mind another piece to the story so long as it's done right. A better idea would be to have other movies based in the same universe, just like the books, with the same production value as the original movies.