Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cd-Rom HELP!

Anodized

Default Re: Cd-Rom HELP!

also can you please tell us as much info as possible. Has the CD Drive ever worked? If so when did it stop, whats your PC's stats? What OS does it have, If XP Pro, is it 32 bit or 64 bit, the more onfo the more chance we have of helping you.

Fresh Paint

its a brand new CD drive, i have it in the primary IDE, there is NO OS because i cant INSTALL one because of the CD Drive. The BIOS does show the CD Drive.

Anodized

well what OS are you trying to install? Like i said, the more info the better.

Specific please not Windows XP, i mean is it pro is it 64 bit, etc.

Is this correct?

You have a new CD-ROM set on the Master jumper on the primary IDE, going to the primary IDE on the mobo?

Theres only the CD-ROM on that IDE cable?

You dont get to the Blue Windows screen when you try to boot from the CD?

The HDD, is set to the Master jumper?

Youve tryed installing the some OS with four different CD's?

The CD-ROM and SATA HDD are both visable in the BIOS?

You have the CD-ROM as your primary boot device in the BIOS?

You havnt got the HDD as the primary boot? If you have it may cause an error in trying to boot from a HDD with no OS.

There are no errors on the post screen? I.E When checking RAM

Fresh Paint

Windows XP Pro, 64 bit
    Yes
    I do not get the blue screen,
    There is no jumper on the HDD, its connected to a SATA, cable into the mobo.
    Yes four different CDS of the same OS.
    Yes Both are visible by bios
    yes CD-rom is my Primary Boot,
    I Get this "Warning CMOS... reset in bios" (Sorry dont remember the actual warning) in the Post Screen.

He's a little trick for you, read your manual, find the reset BIOS jumper, peform this, you may have to reset the BIOS to get it to run correctly, Also have you an old BIOS, does it support your CPU fully, some BIOS's can cause setup or even windows to fail because it dosen't support your CPU.

If your motherboard dosent have a BIOS/CMOS reset, disconnect your mains, remove the battery, place some metel (Screwdriver, tweasers) where the batt goes to complete the circut, then connect the mains, leave for a few seconds, then remove power, remove the item in place of the batt, then replace the batt.

When you next turn on, you should get an error regrding a curropt CMOS, then enter setup, make your changed to setup your bios, then save and reset.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM
    He's a little trick for you, read your manual, find the reset BIOS jumper, peform this, you may have to reset the BIOS to get it to run correctly, Also have you an old BIOS, does it support your CPU fully, some BIOS's can cause setup or even windows to fail because it dosen't support your CPU.

If your motherboard dosent have a BIOS/CMOS reset, disconnect your mains, remove the battery, place some metel (Screwdriver, tweasers) where the batt goes to complete the circut, then connect the mains, leave for a few seconds, then remove power, remove the item in place of the batt, then replace the batt.

When you next turn on, you should get an error regrding a curropt CMOS, then enter setup, make your changed to setup your bios, then save and reset.
    lol you beat me to it. ^^^^ What he said. Also you may need to install the SATA Drives if there not already. If none of this works, its prob a faulty CD-ROM. Do you have another one you could try? I have 64 bit and it can be very sensative to driver issues, very sensitive. Read you motherboard manual IN DETAIL. If none of this works you could always use a friends PC to burn a .iso of ubuntu. Then try and boot this, if it boots you know its a problem with the way your burning the XP disk. I mean you havnt bought 4 CD's of 64-bit surely?

Fresh Paint

I've reset the jumper a few times now times now on the motherboard, doesnt work, i have changed the CD-rom drive with my working pc's cd-rom drive, and still the same problem, and i havnt bought 4 cds, i bought 1, then used my fathers, and 2 other friends cds

Anodized

corrupt BIOS? Go into the BIOS and Load Fail-safe option then try? This may also sound dull but you do have a AMD 64 Processor and a motherboard that supports it right?

Cant you see a process of emlimination, uve proven its not the CD, its not the CD-ROM, Its not the IDE cable. Therefore your down to your motherboard, maybe theres a problem booting? Maybe a hardware failure?

OMG you guys are going to **** his **** right up with that garbage your spewing!!!!

Go into your BIOS. Select your cd rom as the master boot device. Done!

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Snophox
    yes CD-rom is my Primary Boot
    he has incase you didnt read.