Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Circuit Box - HAF XB Mod

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Circuit Box - HAF XB Mod

I'm back! I'm going to be modding my HAF XB for my new rig. I've got some sweet ideas and I'm seeing some neat things being done with it already.

Here's my review for those who are interested: http://www.http://computersandcircui...-haf-xb-review

I've gotten a little work done but I don't have the pics up yet. Keep an eye out here!
    Last edited by SXRguyinMA; 02-04-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: HAF XB Mod - untitled as of right now

Looking forward to it!

Sweet! maybe you will motivate me to finish my mod that I started forever ago lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Alright time to post some progress!

First off HUGE thanks to my current sponsors Lepa and Enermax!

Lepa supplied 5 LP70D12R fans and Enermax supplied a Platimax 1200W PSU!

Alright small update for the first one, but there's plenty more to come.

I took out the factory mesh on the top panel and made a window for it.

Next up I started getting some hardware mounted so I could figure out the routing for my tubing. The board shown here is just for mock-up.

Next I drilled mounting holes for the pump mount and mounted the pump.

Then I drilled holes for the reservoir mount. Being that this case is short and fat rather than the typical tall and skinny I decided to mount the res to the back panel.

Here's a shot with the board and GPU's I'll be using. I'll be using my current XFX 6870's paired with their EK blocks. The board shown here I'll be using along with an i7-3770k and the EK block shown here. I still need to strip the block mounting bracket from the last mod and repaint it black for this one. I also plan to remove the MB heatskink setup and paint the blue trim pieces green to match the rest of the mod.

And last up a shot of the green/black paracord I'll be using to sleeve all the cables for the mod.

I've got some Mayhem's pastel mint green coolant mixed up and waiting for the build as well. I think the whole black and green theme will look killer in this.

I'm also debating on adding another 120mm rad in the floor in the 5.25" drive bays for some extra cooling, but we'll see.

I've also got TLHarrell of White Light Laser designing some SICK custom pieces for this build. I can't wait!

I love mini builds got my own coming in the next 6 month hopefully still working on the cad designs as it needs to be millimeter perfect haha

Keep up the good work and thanks for reminding me I need to get onto TLHarell with my order soon.

I'd like to welcome Performance-PCs.com as the latest sponsor! They'll be supplying some extra goodies for the build! If you need ANYTHING modding-related make them your first stop!

Time for an update

The two 6870 waterblocks were starting to get slightly stained, so I took them apart and hit them with some Mother's metal polish with the Dremel and buffing wheel and cleaned them up pretty good.

I also cleaned up the nickel on the CPU waterblock as well as stripped the old paint of the retention bracket and re-painted it black

I also got my care package in from Performance-PCs! I got a second XSPC 120mm radiator, some Bitspower fittings and some other assorted goodies.

I decided to mount the second 120mm rad on the bottom of the case in the 5.25" drive bay compartment. I'll be using a fan controller but it's short and won't interfere with the fan/rad setup at all.

I also removed almost all of the 3- and 5-way snake rotary fittings to clean up the overall look. It looks much cleaner this way and the Duralene tubing I'll be using is very flexible so I don't need perfectly straight line-of-sight from one barb to the next.

Next up I drilled a hole at the back of the case for the Bitspower panel fitting. This will allow me to connect the reservoir and pump through the back panel of the case.

I had to notch the motherboard tray support just a tad so the panel fitting lock ring would fit properly.

Then I installed the necessary rotary and barb fittings to line everything up.

I also got my i7-3770K in for the build (Thanks TGS!!)

I used my custom fan template from White Light Laser to mark the bottom of the case to cut out for the 120mm intake fan for the lower radiator.

Silly me marked the holes for the 120mm fan but marked (and unfortunately cut) the large hole for the 140mm fan. No worries though, I'll make something to clean it up.

Next I made an accent piece for under the pump mount. This not only gives a little look to the pump mount it also raises it 1/8" so the pump to radiator fittings line up better.

Then I sleeved the pump's wires with the black/green paracord. This was my first time working with paracord and I like it a lot.

And finally I cut a small piece of tubing for the pump intake. The crystal block is a "T" style and the system temp sensor will go into the bottomside opening.

That's it for now!

Default Re: Circuit Box - HAF XB Mod

Minor update time.

I got a Bitfenix Recon fan controller to keep the system cool

Next I swapped the small piece of tubing leading into the pump for a Bitspower crystal link to clean things up

Then I got some sleeving done. I sleeved the 120mm and 80mm Lepa fans as well as the wiring for the front panel buttons and LEDs. I also removed the wiring for the front panel audio as I will have no use for it.

Then I cut out all the plastic honeycomb mesh that's molded into the front panel. I'll be keeping the steel mesh that covers the intake but I wanted that plastic stuff gone.

Lastly I drilled and mounted a 16mm Lamptron switch. This will turn on and off the case lighting.

That's it for now!

Anodized

Default Re: Circuit Box - HAF XB Mod

This is looking super. Will this be your main rig or just another mod? Looking forward to see more.

D.