Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Circuit Box - HAF XB Mod

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Circuit Box - HAF XB Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    Wow, this thing is slick! I love the green on black theme.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Awesome work as always my friend. Can I safely say this project is your longest ongoing?

Also, what are those fittings you're using with the rigid acrylic? When I put together the parts for my current build all I could find were fittings that just screamed rigid acrylic, like the Revolvers I'm using or Monsoon's Chain Gun fittings. These you have look like standard compression fittings. I like that!
    Yea it's by far my longest LOL. The fittings are the new Bitspower rigid tube compression fittings: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=39664 They won't work with the Primochill tubing, only the E22 stuff or any other 10mm ID/12mm OD acrylic tubing. I went with them because I hated how big and bulky the Primochill and Monsoon rigid fittings are.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    The fittings are the new Bitspower rigid tube compression fittings: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=39664 They won't work with the Primochill tubing, only the E22 stuff or any other 10mm ID/12mm OD acrylic tubing. I went with them because I hated how big and bulky the Primochill and Monsoon rigid fittings are.
    That's what I like about them too, thanks for the link!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I filled the loop with Mayhem's Pastel Mint Green. I like it but it's a tad too light for me - I was looking for something a little bit darker...hmmm...will work on that later.

And here's how it looks with the white LED's in all of the blocks

Now while I was taking those last pics I noticed this side of the 5.25" drive bays was in need of something so I made up a cover panel out of black acrylic to make it look better.

Then I decided that the translucent green accents inside weren't as lit up as I'd like from the white LED's so I decided to add a pair of UV LED strips to either side of the top window. It worked but it had the side effect of making the Mayhem's Pastel Mint Green look almost white :O

Last edited by SXRguyinMA; 04-11-2014 at 09:39 PM.

So back to the light green issue...I had a bottle of Primochill UV Brite Green dye so I decided to squirt a bunch in - I ended up using just about the entire bottle (which dyes a gallon of coolant) but it turned out perfect and now the UV LED's actually make it light up green instead of turn a pasty white color

And with the top panel on and UV LED's on:

I like the way the UV LED's light up the top panel etchings purple as well - it sets it off nicely. Next update will be the final update with the final pics!

*drool*
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

That's amazing looking absolutely love the stuff that was cut for you by TL and that uv green is just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerboy779 View Post
    That's amazing looking absolutely love the stuff that was cut for you by TL and that uv green is just right.
    Yea TL did a GREAT job - it looks so sick!

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

This looks absolutely Amazing! Great work!
    Will