Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF2 Crashes?

Default Re: BF2 Crashes?

No problem. Its tough to live without Battlefield 2
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Yeah I have a similar problem. I can play normalbattle field but when I go to swtich over to a custom mod battlefield restarts as it should but then crashes on statup going into the mod.
    Need a sig

Ive been waiting all night to play this game, and when I load BF2:SF it filickers and crashes. So, its not because of your dual monitors.

Can someone help ?

Quote Originally Posted by PauL View Post
    No problem. Its tough to live without Battlefield 2
    Don't suppose you know how to solve the problem if search doesn't produce 'lighting.fx' do you? I've searched all of my hard drives and the cds (yes I bought CDs not a DVD, damn internet shopping!) Is it worth uninstalling BF2 and reinstalling BF2 SF before i install the patches?

ASUS P5B
    Intel core 2 DUo@ 2.4ghz
    2gb Geil ddr2 800mhz
    xfx gfrce 7600 xxx

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post
    IM having this problem when starting up bf2. The logo appears then my screens flicker black a few times then it crashes to desktop.

I think the problem might be my dual montor setup. I have 2 analog montors in an extended display mode.
    i have had a very simaler issue when runnin bf2 on a wide screen lcd. is your monitor widescreen? is it a big monitor like an lcd tv? are both monitors the same? does it do the same thing with only one monitor attached? i believe there is a way to play that game in "windowed" mode. you should for sure try to install the latest video drivers to rule out any issues there. another thing you can try is to dissable the start up movies. perhaps you have some kind of issues with them being corrupted or what not. if you search google you will find instructions and files for that. failing any of these and you have a big monitor i would say google for wide screen gameing. basicly some times the game is a little stupid about video settings if your using some odd ball resolution. let me know if any of this helps
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by PauL View Post
    I had that same problem leprosy. What I did was go to control panel and did a search for the file lighting.fx I found the file so I copied it and put the copy into the mods/bf/shaders/ folder. After you do that it should work fine. Good luck.
    I searched for lighting.fx in my control panel except i couldn't find it. What do i do now? And can someone give me an step to step guide on how to make this message go away?

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I searched for lighting.fx in my control panel except i couldn't find it. What do i do now? And can someone give me an step to step guide on how to make this message go away?
    plz forgive me for double posting. i found the Lighting.fx but now, when i try to join a sf multiplayer map, it just crashes after it loads everything and just takes me back to my desktop. Also, this sometimes happens for bf2. Can someone plz tell me whats going on and tell me how to fix this problem? i have been looking for anwsers for 3 hours straight.

Fresh Paint

same thing happened to me , i cant find lighting.fx either
    and the same message appears:

mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory,_AND_ sync your shaders folder becore calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)

but the message appears for both BF2 and SF

any info would be helpful! could this have anything to do with needing a patch?

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Do you get an error message saying something about staticmesh errors? I had this and had to uninstall the game. Remember when you uninstall the game to through the control panel and then go into the C drive and delete any remaining files or folders, then do a defrag and reinstall. Also remember to patch the game before playing and make sure your graphics and chipset drivers are all u to date.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08