Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: creative troubles

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: creative troubles

so its youre birthday...?? than HAPPY birthday(i want to be the first to say it)
    damn...scramjet arrghhh, well its hard to tell how i'm going to put it in, but if you take a look at the datasheet i will explane you a lot easyer
    <edit>ouu and if you have any thing on mind for my beloved project post in there.... dont wana mess up you're's

LOUD AND PROUD !

Life is like an analogy...

i think ill wait to see what you decide on doing, and then offer suggestions as they are needed.

well, i think i got a good additive that i can make at home to throw into the water system. ever heard of copper sulphate? CuSO4... this is slightly acidic, very toxic, wont react with copper water blocks, blue so it will look good, and its very easy to make providing you have the right starter chemicals. that solves a few problems... stops corrosion, kills all life in the water, and gives colour. then i can just add a surfactant if i want. ill just have to be careful and make sure the water system is good and closed, because copper sulphate will crystallize as water evapourates, and that could cause some damage if it crystallizes in the pump or on a waterblock or the radiator. the crystals would make for an interesting effect in the reservoir though.

i cant remember if i have the right chemicals to make the stuff, but i think it works with bleach and copper metal... you just get something like copper hypochlorite or maybe chloride. im going to check that out tomorrow, do some experiments to see what works. i could try aluminum too, because that would plate the inside of everything with aluminum which is better at dissipating heat.

so i think i might be going ot a friend's house tonight (if i can get through when his phone ISNT busy). ill post an update on progress tomorrow when ive crystallized some copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

copper sulphate?! wait a sec.....(going in the shed) ..................... victory! I have it in cristal form like small flakes(about half a kilo, its a lot), dad says thats the "****" (degree in chemistry) so thats the ****, to bad i'm on the other side of the earth, if you can finde a way to ship it i'l give it to you

LOUD AND PROUD !

well the bleach works, i can get some copper hypochlorite happening. just for the heck of it... i DID find out that mixing bleach with acetone will make chloroform. i wouldnt suggest trying it because it gets very hot, and it also makes you very dizzy just standing near it when its forming.

and now back to designing.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

hhhmm chloroform... now you can glue youre plexi with no extra cash spent on glue

so have "YOU"(fixed ) decided what are you gonna put in the water

LOUD AND PROUD !

hhhmm chloroform... now you can glue youre plexi with no extra cash spent on glue
    haha, that might not be the best of ideas, even for my standards. just in case you think chloroform is a glue... it isnt. its more like an anaesthetic. you breathe it in, and you pass out. not a good dea to be using it for glue.

so have decided what are you gonna put in the water
    i think theres a critical YOU missing in there. if this is a question, the answer is yes. if its a statement, well the answer is still yes.

so the plan right now is to revamp the case design, and then ill figure out a way to design a better model of the pump (it would help if i could make dodecagon.... oh crap... one of those 12 sided polygons to start as a base so i dont have to go through all the measurement issues). i think ill do this, or some of it anyways, tomorrow seeming as i dont have anything else to do.

sorry for the "you" i was after my sleep

redesign you say.... i have been thinking for this from the start: do you think it would be a good idea to make the cilinders removable so you can change the worn-out ones

LOUD AND PROUD !

do you think it would be a good idea to make the cilinders removable
    interesting proposition. i hadnt thought of that. a modular design would be a good idea for something so complex. i have an idea for that now though. if i can design this right, i may be able to just slide the cylinders in, and twist-lock them kind of like in a jar of salsa. i would probably have to make the top block in two sections that can be screwed together to make that happen, and im not sure what would happen with the pistons... havent gotten that far yet.

actually, that modular design would fit right in with the case too.... seeming as the waterwall, case air intake, and case air outlet are removable.

you just gave me a new rush of creativity.

(victory dance)
    now you go to my thread and give one(i'm in big need of one)
    <Edit> can i PM you

LOUD AND PROUD !

now you go to my thread and give one(i'm in big need of one)
    ill see what i think of

<Edit> can i PM you
    go for it.