Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: creative troubles

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: creative troubles

so... any progres?

LOUD AND PROUD !

Life is like an analogy...

funny you should mention that... because YES. i have a cleaner pump model for you.

i think ive also got quite a smart method to be able to replace the cylinders.

the top block will be one solid ring with holes drilled into it for the cylinders, there will also be a little piece of acrylic at 90 degrees to this hole, with a tooth on it. the cylinders will have a groove that the tooth will fit into, and then you can just twist the cylinder to lock it in.

i figured that much out and then said to myself.... theres no room to get the pistons in after that. well actually there is, providing you go in a certain order. before you even think about putting the cylinders into the top block, slide them over the pistons, and down as far as possible on the conrods. then place the whole thing inside the top block, and you can then twist each cylinder in no problem.

so in theory, that should be simple to do. in practice, there may not be enough room to actually fit all the cylinders on the piston before hand. in that case, well i have to cut the top block in half and do it the hard way.

right now, none of the dimensions have changed... still probably about 15 inches in diameter. i also tried to show my idea of having multiple input in the top block to get a circular current going that follows the piston action, but sketchup wouldnt let me. lets just say the inputs will be at about 60 degrees to get a really pronounced current going.

<EDIT> got chores to do today, so this is it for a few hours. ill get on the case though.... in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

oohhhh hel yeh
    now let me edit so i can say something smart
    <edit>:d there could be a problem with sealing the cilinders, a part from that.... i dont see no space problem, the thing that comes to my mind looking at the sketch is that you would have to use long travle on the pistons, or is it just me?

LOUD AND PROUD !

my god, too hot for chores right now....

yes, i may need to use a longer piston... which would mean enlarging the diameter, and then the cylinders wouldnt fit nicely, there would be a larger gap.

as for sealing the cylinders, ill probably put a bit of clear silicone on to act as the seal... just like for the pistons.

looks like math comes in again... ill do some drawing to see if there will be an issue with the assembly method, and if so, well then theres another redesign to do. for now though.... the case REALLY needs an update. its design is still meant for the simple in line 6 cylinder pump....

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Too hot.... tell me about it
    you're right about the case, the thing you should try to do is to have the pump visible

oftopic: tomorrow the blower guy should send me my "toys" so i should have them by the next day
    (just thought you would be happy for me )
    <EDIT> hey I just noticed I got my new rank
    funny because my rig is D

LOUD AND PROUD !

any progres Slug ?!

LOUD AND PROUD !

not yet.... only about half way there on the case. im just seeing what looks good. ive got the pump meshed with the waterwall, and i just finished the disc drive and case air exhaust designs.

dinner is soon, so expect something anywhere between now and 4 hours from now.

finally, an hour and a half late... im done. no time to lose.

theres a couple to gawk at for a minute.

heres a nice picture of the pump with the waterwall. the crankshaft is now in there, and ive added in some lines to approximate how the pistons will be positioned.

heres one of the case air exhaust. kind of looks like a space ship cockpit. ive tried to carry a circular theme to as much as i can seeming as the radial pump will be a focal point and it is more or less a circular shape.

heres a picture of the disc drive in the foreground and the case air exhaust in he background. im now DAMN sure that one of my drives are on the fritz, so i have a toy to play with so i can practive modding drives.

and the last one... the case air intake. ive switched things up with it too in order to keep with a circular theme. nice big "window" to see a bunch of nothing (maybe some of the air cleaning stuff, i dont know yet). i dont really know if there will be a window to see the actual inside of the case.... i may or may not design this intake will acrylic in mind. right now, im just concered with having enough time to clean the air properly.

so thats what i have now. i think its better than the first itteration, but ill leave it for a day or so and take another look at it. there may be another redesign.... circular theme is staying no matter what i do.

great just great
    i see that you should be ok with the pushrods they clear the cilinder,i see the crank, did i understud right... you gonna integrate a filter unit,
    i like the style of the air intakes
    Q: what acrylic are you gonna use for the pump and for the blue parts

LOUD AND PROUD !

did i understud right... you gonna integrate a filter unit
    yep. there will be an air filter in the intake (thats why the intake is so large, to compensate for the resitance passing through the paper/cloth/foam/mesh). i just might do a water filter too, although thats getting a little excessive, its a closed loop so nothing should be getting in or out.

what acrylic are you gonna use for the pump and for the blue parts
    not too sure yet. it depends on a couple factors

1. what i can get a hold of (theres a place that specializes in acrylics and all sorts of polycarbonates over by my dads work)

2. what the colours are. i need to go have a look. i think the case is going to be a dark colour, probably similar to what the model colour is, and the acrylic just has to look good with a dark gray. maybe blue, maybe green, maybe clear with lighting. maybe some etching... now that im reasonably satisfied with the design, i need to start thinking about this stuff.

just another thought... as i was writing this and looking back at the pictures. the front intake that will be for the watercooling.... that has to change.... it doesnt follow the circular pattern, and looks out of place.