Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project CZTR

Default Re: Project CZTR

It's not a very good photo, but it was the only one I could find... When my roommate is back home I'll ask him if he has some more photo's...

I plan to go a little further than that. There are some small things on the laptop i don't like. Also, i'm gunna rebuild one of the old batteries so i can have more mobile time on it, right now i get ~1/2 hour with WiFi on and 1 with Wifi off.

If i'd know this kinda response was gunna come out of the laptop being posted I would have modded it first.

Currently under work: Xbox/PC Hybrid Tower

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    Dell Inspiron 3800 (Yeah a laptop)
    SGI O2

Yeah, I know, what my roommate did is not really modding. He just glued some pink fluffy fabric on the top of his notebook...

looking forward to see your real notebook mod...

Let's just say there's gunna be a lot of bondo or epoxy. No more dell logos. No more freaky curve thing. i better laptop.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

Overclocked

cant wait to see these projects finished

maximan1

GAWD why didn't you tell me this when I asked you the first 4 times?
    Anyway can't wait to see this done.

That logo is going to work well if you're sizing it. Have you considered any lighting options yet?

As for the p2 thing. Slot based p2 systems are normally passive cooling (uses case exhaust fan) and run really hot. I jerry rigged a 80mm fan, cleaned the heatsink, and used AS thermal compound. It runs about 38C under load. It's an old 266 running 300 mhz. I wouldn't suggest a massive OC on a p2 without some type of optimized cooling solution. It's a real quick and easy way to watch something overheat.

There will be lighting but that is to come a bit later. See what im working on now is the bezel. I've always found that lighting in the bezel takes away from the look.

Later on, as in about a week or so. Ill begin work on the metal portion of the case. I plan to have a nice frosted plexi bar code on the side of the case. Then have a white cold cathode light that up.

Update: What i thought would be the final layer of paint, didn't come to fruitition as there was an undiscovered little area that paint sorta built up, so i'll sand that down and then the bezel shall be finished.

Also, anybody know howto smoke plexi. Cause there is the ugly purple cover at the bottom, it's transparent and i like it that way, but not purple.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

maximan1

To smoke plexi you can make a vynil cutout and paste it on, then sandblast it for a "frosted" look.
    -maximan1

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by nil8
    That logo is going to work well if you're sizing it. Have you considered any lighting options yet?

As for the p2 thing. Slot based p2 systems are normally passive cooling (uses case exhaust fan) and run really hot. I jerry rigged a 80mm fan, cleaned the heatsink, and used AS thermal compound. It runs about 38C under load. It's an old 266 running 300 mhz. I wouldn't suggest a massive OC on a p2 without some type of optimized cooling solution. It's a real quick and easy way to watch something overheat.
    Pentium2s are all slot1s (as far as I know). I never heard of ''passively cooled'' ones, since P1s had fans on them, as well as some phat heatsinks... Generally they have some fans that will direcly fit on the slot1 card, you then plug the fan on the motherboard CPUfan connector. The fan size is around 40mm tho, dont expect much air going thru it.