Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project CZTR

Default Re: Project CZTR

Ok, after much delay. The Bezel is now complete, with one minor exception. I don't have my signurature barcode and print on there, but thats cause i found out we didn't have ANY white paint. And as i leave for vacation later tommorrow, I really didn't feel like doing that on top of packing. Also, anybody have any tips for a raised surface for the barcode, i'd like to have it extrude from the case a bit, but nothing big.

Onward to pictures for now:

TAH DAH!

Not bad for my first "real" indepth mod i'd say.

THIS MOD IS NOT OVER. If you think it is you are wrong good sir. We still have the back casing left, which will be interesting as the case is in two parts (one fits into the other). Plus remember, Project CZTR is a series not just this mod, this was mearly the first.

Currently under work: Xbox/PC Hybrid Tower

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    Dell Inspiron 3800 (Yeah a laptop)
    SGI O2

maximan1

To make the white parts stand out more just put more layers of paint on them

maximan1

Nice finish I got many imperfections on my clear coat so I have to respray the black (after sanding)

There is one small imperfection, but in the lighting where the case will be, you can't see it. So i'm not bothering with it, it's like a small <1cm x <1cm paint build up spot.

I'd like something better than just spraying down a lot of paint for extruding the CZTR logo.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

If you are feeling like doing horribly fiddly work you could use plasticard (it has other names, none of which I can remember), it comes in different thicknesses (under 1mm to pretty thick) and could be cut into your barcode pattern etc. You would only really need a VERY steady hand, a sharp blade and something to file it smooth.
    plus if done with something like plasticard you can spray it other colours before sticking it on, maybe even glow in the dark fun :O.
    other than that vinyl or even something similar might work but would probably be a pain to paint
    mod is looking good so far
    oh and p2s I was under the impression it was (as it still mostly is) only the big manufacturers that used wierd partially passive cooling solutions (I know Dell, compaq and IBM did it a LOT), but I thought intel reference design had a fan?
    EDIT:
    oh and if the surface is curved it may be worthwhile to heat the styrene (think that might be another name for it) in hot water then mould it to the surface, gently.

maximan1

Quote Originally Posted by cheztir
    Really if it is the Pentium D, than i sure hope it would or else Vista is gunna suck a LOT more than it already does.
    Why and since when does Vista suck?
    Hope you had a nice vacation!

Overclocked

First, its a beta version, so it sucks. Partically no hardware compatibility since it only uses Vista drivers and they are still not all out. SEcond, Vista asks ALOT from the computer and they say that even the fastest computers (stock, not overclocked) we can find on the market can't run perfecly the Aero theme.

Youd still be better with Windows XP Pro.

the vacation is good. but 50c per minute internet sucks balls, Royal Carribean for you. But the food rocks.

btw, buy an intel mac or get linux. SO much better.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

maximan1

Hey is this done? Why are you not replieng so long?

Sadly not yet. There have been tie ups in my life and i have had to put this on the back burner recently.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2