Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Project CZTR

maximan1

Default Re: Project CZTR

Ok. Desperatly awaiting your arrival .

Well work has happily resumed. But it will be a slow work from here on as school has resumed for me. But i did finally treat myself to a new wireless dremel, so that should help compensate for the lost time.

Well, just modding this OLD pc was getting a bit boring, so i have decided to kick it up a notch. After seeing justblair's PS2/PC hybrid tower, it inspired me to redo an old mod from a few years back.

I shall be putting an Xbox 1 inside the case as well, perhaps even a 7" Wide LCD i stumbled across.

This does crank up the difficulty on this project, as the Compaq case for those of you unaware is an older proprietary two piece case (the internals all held in an internal housing, which slides into an external case).

Well now for the pictures, cause i'd be really surprised if anyone actually read everything i just typed.

Case setup, at least the PC side.

The HD's are gunna be mounted near the bottom of the case. Also, near the bottom of the case is a bracket where the new plexi board that holds the xbox mobo will go.

Top monuted bracket, and where the dual Shuttle PSU's will later go, right now the stock ATX PSU is crammed in.

My new LCD in it's test setup (aka a dilbert calendar)

Fuel.....need more.

Currently under work: Xbox/PC Hybrid Tower

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    Dell Inspiron 3800 (Yeah a laptop)
    SGI O2

MitaPi

Hey what kind of wireless dremel is that?? I was just going to buy one....

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...0851#post40851

Is that the same one?

Razors Edge

Yes, we have had plenty of old compaqs down at the shop. The latest "old" one we have had was the replace the motherboard. Luckily going back to our stone age times we had one at the back for a socket 7.

As the 48-hour test continued, I took a look at the machine while I was getting coffee, I felt the hardrive to see how how it was, and then when I touched the CPU heatsink...holy ****.

If I find my camra, I shall get you pictures.

MitaPi, thats not the exact model I have, tho that one does look nice. I have the 10.8v Li-Ion model, grabbed it from home Depot when they were on sale last week for 49.99.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...glm.0&MID=9876

I can say this dremel kicks ass. Much better than be restrained by a cord. I just need to grab some more accesories for it.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

MitaPi

Quote Originally Posted by cheztir
    MitaPi, thats not the exact model I have, tho that one does look nice. I have the 10.8v Li-Ion model, grabbed it from home Depot when they were on sale last week for 49.99.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...glm.0&MID=9876

I can say this dremel kicks ass. Much better than be restrained by a cord. I just need to grab some more accesories for it.

OH I am so getting that one instead! A bigger battery and more accessories for like the same price! And if it works like poo then I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish! ^_^ have a nice day!

JK! Psh like I would actually do that!

Well warning , buy some other type of cutting blades as the included ones aren't top quality. They work great for thin plastics, but long cuts and they tend to shatter. So far my only complaint, also the battery has been charged up to full and i used it for a good 3 hours today cutting some plexi, not even closed to 50% drain.

More Pics soon. "Broken" (ha) Xbox is on delivery now, expect it to be put in soon.

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

Finished off the Xbox Mobo and PSU mounting.

Ahh a fine sheet of plexi.

Case ready.

Cut and Smoked (Somewhat).

Attached to the case. Quiet a firm fit, it's not going anywhere.

Room for the xbox mobo (mounted upside down from this angle)

CZTR Series Queue Line:
    Shuttle XPC
    SGI O2

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

Woohoo!!!! samsung rules
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I came in here expecting furries, I leave disappointed..

Liking the mod so far, I deal with like 20 of these cases in my vocational computer class and have been wanting to mod one for a while lol. Definately some inspiration to steal one