Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Paint Job - What do the people of TBCS want?

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Custom Paint Job - What do the people of TBCS want?

Hey everyone,

If everything goes as planned, I will be teaming up with some sponsors and painting a computer case. The paint job will be first class, and completely custom. When the case is done, it will be auctioned off or sold here online, and the profit (or some of it) will go to a charity.

I am asking you the following:

1.) What charity should the proceeds go to? I could list like 20 right now, but sometimes different charities have higher demands at certain times, perhaps someone knows a really good one.

2.) How should the case be painted? I would like to make a top of the line, high class paintjob with cool designs.

However, this can only be done with spray paint, so no fancy paintjobs other than things that can be done with masking and spray cans... so, airbrushed skulls are out of the question. I am hoping for the sponsorship of a spray paint company. This case will be sold online and made available to all of you, so you choose the design you want! The top 3 or 5 will then be voted on and the winner will be made.

Thanks everyone!
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Overclocked

Default Re: Custom Paint Job - What do the people of TBCS want?

This paint right here: http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalspecks.html
    with any color that goes with the theme. I just bought some of this paint but havent painted anything yet hopefully it turns out nice. But anyways send the charity money to Red Cross.

I don't know if they accept donations or not, but I would like to see the money go to the folding@home project. It's the first steps to getting rid of some truly nasty diseases. That or any homeless shelter.

What kind of case are you planning on using?

Personally, I think the best idea is a single color that's simple and elegant. Nothing fancy or complicated.

I agree, I want to do something simple - but in at least two colors. I want to do a very simple design in a cool color such as light blue, maybe with patterns in white.

EDIT: I have been envisioning a case like this for a long, long time now, and, being the start of summer, I think a hawaiian theme would be suitable. Here are two of some of the designs I have been working on for the case:

Now, these images are still rough. These will be stenciled onto the case, probably in one color, such as white on a light blue background.
    Typo:

How talented are you? There is millions of cool things that can be done with a spray can.

My sugjestion is to blend, blend, and blend some more. Top it off with a tinted clear coat and ghost a hawaiian pattern onto the case.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Resident Alcoholic

If you work out what you want for the design, and tell me the colours for the background, I can design something stencil-wise. Stenciling is 'trendy' at the moment

And yes, blending is a simple and great way to make something look good. In the graffiti world we call it fading - check it out, a peice i did last night

So yeah, give me a shout if you want some designs done
    H

Rankenphile

Child's Play is a fantastic charity, very much worthy of donations. They provide video games to children's hospitals, giving kids somethign to do while they are laid up in these hospital beds. It has proven to be a very helpful, positive and popular addition to the recovery programs. Worthy of your support.

Great idea Rank, I think I will do that. Any objections? I think that that will make a good contribution from a ciommunity such as this. I also would like to build a computer inside of the case as well, perhaps getting donations from users on here and sponsored parts from companies. I think that it is well worth it - many of us modders on here have such amazing talent. It's about time we used it for something good. I will see what to do about the case and try and get that painted first, however, before I try and get parts and donations sponsored to the cause.

Thanks everyone
    Typo:

I have bought a few things for Child's Play last year and I have to say they are a great group of people and I will throw my vote down for Child's Play Charity.

And I might post some quick ideas for the case later. Maybe contact penny arcade and get them to sponsor the case? (they are/run/made Child's Play if you didnt know)

The SlackMeister

How good are you at painting? You said 1st class paint job, but using spray paint... I really hope that you are VERY good with spray paint.