Thread: Maximus VI Formula Show Casemod MbK

Default Maximus VI Formula Show Casemod MbK

Hi my fellow modders,

I would like to share with you what I have made for ASUS and Cooler Master. Assignment was for Computex.

Maybe you already seen some pictures on Facebook but here is the buildlog with a whole lot of pictures

Not sponsored but provided by:

Early April I received an email from Cooler Master, if I was interested in making a casemod for Computex.
    After some email traffic it became clear that the deadline was the 2nd week of May .... wow
    I also heard that it should be done with a new type of motherboard from ASUS, so I could not refuse. So this will be a great challenge with this kind of deadline.

What's gonna be in this build:

We've decided that i'm gonna use a Cooler Master Cosmos II again. Normally I never mod two of the same cases, but for this build I would like to make an exception.

The Cooler Master Cosmos II

For the cooling CPU and mobo I picked out a beautiful Prestige Cooler Master Eisberg 240L

Unpack

Beautiful pump and block

240 rad with G1 / 4 connections

Accessories for every conceivable sockets etc.

Really nice set I think.

For the fans I've chosen the XtraFlo 120 Red LED fans

Everything is powered by a Cooler Master V series 1000W

Then it was time for the ASUS products it's always nice to receive packages ... especially if it is not in the store yet.

From ASUS I've got the Republic Of Gamers Raidr 240GB SSD

And a Asus GTX680-DC2-4GD5 with EKWB waterblock

Some nice Corsair Dominator GT CMGTX7 RAMs

Default Re: Maximus VI Formula Show Casemod MbK

And then came the new motherboard, the....ASUS Maximus VI Formula

CPU will be the Intel Core i7 4770K

Very nice!!!

Next update the real modding begins

Default Re: Maximus VI Formula Show Casemod MbK

Update!!!

First we check

And now...it's modding time

Because I didn't had much time to make this build, I have used some ideas (and pictures) from my previous Cosmos II build.
    Similarly, the side cover, Cut a aluminum plate and bent it.

And made an aluminum strip for the LED strip and for mounting the acrylic midplate

For the 5.25 bayside I've cut another 3mm acrylic piece

Black color on it.

In the lower cover I've cut 4x 120mm holes and covered it with glossy black vinyl

Again I used the same cutouts as the original of the Cosmos II for the front and top

But this time I used a piece of 5mm clear acrylic

And also a piece of black glossy acrylic

Placed a red SMD LED strip around the side of the 5mm transparent acrylic. On this I placed the black piece to get a nice effect. Btw. the sliding panel has again a layer of carbon vinyl.

Did the same for the top cover.

Installed the Eisberg 240 rad on the inside with the Cooler Master Xflow fans mounted on top.

And here it is.

And we go inside again. I have cut another piece 5mm acrylic for the midplate.
    This is mounted on the aluminum strip and again with a red strip SMD. What gives a nice effect.

Placed it.

And made a 2nd layer underneath the top midplate, also with a LED strip

In order to fill the whole case a bit, I'm gonna use a MCP350 pump with a EKWB 2x res + top.

Installed the hardware for positioning, cut out the shape of the pump from the top midplate.

Ofcourse all will connected again with 12/10mm solid tubes. Btw. the reservoir under the GPU is just for support ... GPU with waterblock is pretty heavy

Also connected the Eisberg with the solid tubes.

For the fillport of Eisberg I let it run to the middle (behind) of the other reservoirs and let it go up. On top I've made a fillport with a valve.

The GPU out goes to the reservoir

The whole picture

Finally I have made 2 res holders to keep everything in place. Also mounted on a piece of acrylic which is also closing the 5.25 bay. Again a LED strip on top for a nice effect.

That's it for now