Thread: My New GTX 780 broke my Computer

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default My New GTX 780 broke my Computer

I turned in my GTX 690 for the warranty in-store and got the GTX 780 instead. (And only paid $100 out of pocket to get a GTX 770 too, that I instantly put on eBay) I installed it and dropped on the new drivers, and that's where the problems started. Windows takes twice as long to boot, maybe three times. I have only SSD's in my system.

I refreshed my Windows score and it went from 7.9 to 7.4!

Once it was up and running I launched Borderlands 2 and it played horribly! I thought that ultra settings were maybe the problem (shouldn't be), but even low settings play badly. It could have been onbaord video and would've been no different.

So, I backed up all my game saves, and then did a fresh install of Windows

Once I finished my full reinstall of Windows and just about all the important things I have to have, it was all resloved. My boot is back down to 17 seconds and my Windows score is right at 7.9 again. Even Borderlands 2 is back to being flawless

Four hours of my life.....
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Re: My New GTX 780 broke my Computer

Strange, didn't have any issues putting in my 770. Theres nothing like a fresh windows install!