Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're Back!

Default Re: We're Back!

Every morning when I came into work I would hit the TBCS button and stare as I got a server not found error. Every morning...

I gave up for a week or so, not wanting to see that page again. My heart was heavy, my eyes near tears. I developed a nervous tick that would manifest itself every time my mouse cursor passed over the button in my toolbar. This morning as I fired up my normal sites, my finger twitched as the cursor passed over that long unused button and i inadvertently clicked on the familiar logo and was greeted with a great surprise!

Great work in getting the site back up! Let me know how I can help.

I've been working on a few things and just had a couple of custom bezels go to production! I only have the pdf file to show them, so I need to export to an image and I will share.

BTW: I just got a promotion. I am now the CTO of my company. I am still doing basically the same thing, just a title recognition now...(wish it was a raise too). The only added task is more meetings with customers. For some reason my boss thinks I am a great speaker and interface well with customers...

Thanks again for helping me to eliminate that nervous tick!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Every morning when I came into work I would hit the TBCS button and stare as I got a server not found error. Every morning...

I gave up for a week or so, not wanting to see that page again. My heart was heavy, my eyes near tears. I developed a nervous tick that would manifest itself every time my mouse cursor passed over the button in my toolbar. This morning as I fired up my normal sites, my finger twitched as the cursor passed over that long unused button and i inadvertently clicked on the familiar logo and was greeted with a great surprise!

Great work in getting the site back up! Let me know how I can help.

I've been working on a few things and just had a couple of custom bezels go to production! I only have the pdf file to show them, so I need to export to an image and I will share.

BTW: I just got a promotion. I am now the CTO of my company. I am still doing basically the same thing, just a title recognition now...(wish it was a raise too). The only added task is more meetings with customers. For some reason my boss thinks I am a great speaker and interface well with customers...

Thanks again for helping me to eliminate that nervous tick!
    You weren't alone in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Naw, the Twitter feed helped keep me sane. Still missed the place, though.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

woo

I miss my SHOW NEW POSTS button on the right side---> That was so convenient.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    I miss my SHOW NEW POSTS button on the right side---> That was so convenient.
    The "New Posts" button is under "What's New?" Button.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Glad that TBCS is back, new forums look sweet and hopefully we see less spammers now.

Glad to see the site is back up!

And life became more interesting tonight. The government agency (See this post for more info: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...l=1#post377049) sent me a letter asking for the money they paid me back since I wasn't meant to be getting it, pretty sure it's not allowing for the fact I should have been getting a different type of payment, this means it's not exactly a small amount. Got to go through the appeals process now to get the amount reduced then work out a payment plan with them. Also means that my plans for the future are going to be delayed once again (moving into a bigger place than a 1 bedroom unit, saving up for a car and trying to get a ring to propose) which I think is the hardest thing to think about currently.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    And life became more interesting tonight. The government agency (See this post for more info: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...l=1#post377049) sent me a letter asking for the money they paid me back since I wasn't meant to be getting it, pretty sure it's not allowing for the fact I should have been getting a different type of payment, this means it's not exactly a small amount. Got to go through the appeals process now to get the amount reduced then work out a payment plan with them. Also means that my plans for the future are going to be delayed once again (moving into a bigger place than a 1 bedroom unit, saving up for a car and trying to get a ring to propose) which I think is the hardest thing to think about currently.
    So you're loving the new government too then....