Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow updates on the front page

Rankenphile

Default Slow updates on the front page

As you guys have probably noticed, updates on the front page have been slow lately. This is for a number of reasons - I've been spectacularly busy at work, looking for a place to live and working on another project for TBCS that will be revealed soon, hopefully.

I'm going to be moving next week (finally!!!) and so will remain thoroughly busy for the next few weeks, and may be without a home internet connection for a little while. If any of you are interested in being guest news writers for the next few weeks, send me a PM or post here. We will need news posts similar to the ones that I've been trying to kee on the front page available at least twice a week, and preferably every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It shouldn't be for too long, so if any of you are willing to help out, please let me know.

Thanks guys.

maximan1

Default Re: Slow updates on the front page

I am willing to help, just pm me.

Well, as Rankenphile's moving, and i'm the other contributer, i guess it's up to me for the next...week.

I'm back from my holiday, and i'll be posting a few things later on. Anyone with something interesting, that they think should be on the front page, PM me or e-mail me at dave@thebestcasescenario.com and i'll consider putting it up. I probably will, unless it's ludicrously off the mark.

Once again, me and Rankenphile are looking for writters for a large unammed project. If you're interested, then please contact me or him (probably me over the next week while he's moving) and we'll sort you out and give you a task.

Please, please, don't pester us with e-mails if you aren't going to contribute. Thanks!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Rankenphile

Since I'm going to be sort of here and there for the next week or two, or three depending on how quickly I get broadband set up in the new place, I'm giving DaveW mod ability. All the same respects need to be paid, as he will have full discretion as to how to use this new-found power. I'll still be around here and there, when I get a few minutes at work, but all questions, complaints and all that jazz will go to him.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Hey guys, I would love to write for TBCS. I am already part of said, "unnamed project".
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Rankenphile

Well, if you want to do the news posts for a little bit, send them to Dave or I. I have limited time for access since I'm at work, but I believe you have my email address and will be happy to put them up as time allows. Just be sure to include all appropriate HTML tags and such in the code and send it to me as a raw .txt attachment and I'll toss it up as needed.

If you need it again, my email address is rankenphile at gmail dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis
    Hey guys, I would love to write for TBCS.
    same here i would love it

oh and ty got the FREECOM stuff

Rankenphile

well, you guys know the drill. put together a news story or a post and send it over to me or Dave. I'll end up forwarding them to Dave anyway, most likely, so you might just want to save yourself some time and send it to him directly.

Keep in mind we're not automatically posting whatever we get - Dave has full rights to maintain editorial control over the content of the post and gets to decide what does and doesn't get posted. But any help is always appreciated, so start spamming him now! lol

OK cheers, SPAM SPAM that make me hungry lol

But any help is always appreciated, so start spamming him now!
    I received a nice piece from Scotty this morning. Gave him some critique, light editting, and posted it pretty much intact. Mostly HTML editting. I think it was pretty good, so go have a look.

Spam away! Just make sure to put TBCS in the title somewhere so i check it. The e-mail's in the sig.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!