Thread: Idea for custom lighting for case

Fresh Paint

Lightbulb Idea for custom lighting for case

Hey!
    I had an idea for custom lighting my case with LEDs that support many colours. I was thinking of using an arduino to drive an LED strip and then make it react to music and video. With an addressable LED strip I can create sectors in my case which can have different lighting options. Can a USB port power LED strips?

I found many examples on the internets to perform beat recognition. Can someone help me with this? Here is an example for the beat recognition. SEE
    If i could read the desktop colour then I can set the strip to that colour. So my case would react to desktop themes as well as games. I found this tutorial and I think it could be used to get the colours I need to light the case.

Also: I have a usb port inside my cabinet i wanted to use for a long time! So I thought I'd plug my arduino in there and its all pretty neat. I don't have the LED Strip yet!

Default Re: Idea for custom lighting for case

I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing, but I've seen people do lots of cool stuff with RGB LEDs, like this DIY abilight setup: http://www.adafruit.com/products/461

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Idea for custom lighting for case

Thanks d_stilgar for the link. I hope I can get this done!