Thread: Pumpkin Carving 2013!

Default Pumpkin Carving 2013!

Alright, here we go again. It's time to start the pumpkin carving massacre again!

The Challenge:
    Carve the best pumpkin you can and submit between now and Oct 28th. Enter as much as you like, be creative.

Entering:
    All entries must be made by members registered on or before Oct. 19th, 2013. All entries should be made in this thread. A single entry may include multiple pumpkins if they are all of the same composition (one pumpkin eating another; every character from The Simpsons, but each on their own pumpkin).Feel free to post as many pictures as you want. All entries must be of real carved pumpkins*, although how you choose to design, sculpt, or cut them is up to you.

*Really just a living squash like thing, not a foam pumpkin.

Voting:
    I'll start a new thread with a poll on Oct 29th with all qualifying entries. Votes will be accepted until Oct 31st, 5PM PST. I will then tally the votes and announce a winner in this thread and in the poll thread.

The prize:
    I'm not totally sure what it will be exactly, but the winner is at least entitled to ask me for anything in my for sale thread for free or at a steep discount. I reserve the right to refuse, ha! but will at least consider. There will also be a nice bag of crap filled with goodies that are worth something, but not worth the space they take up in my tiny place. Cost of shipping will be covered by me (d_stilgar), which means your prize may be altered if you live far away, but will be nonetheless awesome. All entrants are likely to receive lots of positive rep, and at least one positive rep each from me.

Alright! Get to work!

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: Pumpkin Carving 2013!

Oooohh, now I'm going to have to find some time to carve a pumpkin! We didn't carve one last year but the GF mentioned it a while ago that we should do one this year so now I'm doubly motivated. Off to find a good design!
    TheMainMan

So it begins again. I might actually put something together this year

bit late, but when i went to carve mine, it just disappeared!

my carving knife, the one in the middle, 650gr HP for the 500 S&W mag.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Banned

I would very much like to hear more from you on this subject.

What inspired your pumpkin carving design this year, and did you encounter any unique challenges during the process?