Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want video games!

Fresh Paint

Default I want video games!

I have another thread where I am seeking some used consoles.

Now I am trying to get a hold of some cartridge games.

Let me know what you have for NES, SNES, and N64.

Thanks

Default Re: I want video games!

The debate still rages over whether copying ROMs for these old platforms is piracy or not (hinging around interpretations of DMCA "Anti-circumvention" clauses which legally allow obsolete stuff to be copied).

But if you don't consider it unethical, you can download ROMs (game/software titles) for these machines all over the internet, and can construct devices of this sort to either "burn" them onto your own cartridges or simply play them off your PC hard drive.

FWIW, Nintendo hasn't (yet) presented any official legal position or comment about the DMCA matter.

Of course, this doesn't help if you're actually collecting "vintage" cartridges. But I still often see lots of 'em on eBay and piled in bins at local stores like Electronics Boutique.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

I guess you missed out a few months ago on that EBay package of "every Nintendo game ever produced" for some obscene amount of money? Or are you trying to jump on the bandwagon and put together a similar offering?
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

lol, sorry, I took the opposite path. Converted all my bulky plastic cartridges and ancient NES/SNES machinery into to nice compact FPGA boards filled with ROM libraries, easily modded to plug into any sort of display or television.

The only "authentic" Nintendo parts I always seek are controllers, more controllers. And that awesomely ridiculous Nintendo Power Glove thing, just because it's the ultimate in geek. Sorry, gave all my carts away to make space for newer electronics (er, actually another stupid parts box full of resistors and things) a few years ago.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Yeah, I recently sent everything I had for trade-in money on amazon, and used the money to get USB controller ports. I'm just trying to get more space.

Fresh Paint

Not trying to brag, but I have every game, err ROM, for NES, SNES, N64, Sega Master System, Genesis, GameBoy (reg, color, and advance) Virtual Boy, like 3 Atari systems plus the handheld Atari Lynx (I think that's what it was called) Sega Gamegear... blah blah. I also have emulators for dreamcast, gamecube, ps1.. which I can burn any game and play. But you guys already knew that..

I have these on my computer which I use a wired 360 controller and play them. I also have this extensive library on 2 other computers I am modding for my kids.

I am in the process of building my first NES PC (thanks d_stilgar) which I am hoping to make a somewhat matching NES keyboard/mouse, as well as USB controllers.

I want a USB controller for all the emulators I have so I can play a N64 game with a N64 controller. I did get a dual N64 controller USB adaptor from Amazon like 1 1/2 years ago, so I can play LoZ:OoT on my PC with my controllers from '97. Works great

Anyways, I didn't have $10k to buy every game ever made lol. And no I am not making a similiar collection to sell.

I still have a working NES SNES and N64 which me and my kids do all still play (mainly them) I also have a 360 PS2 and they have a Wii. Just looking for some games. No I wont have every game ever made, but maybe a small cartridge collection.

Have you looked into getting some flash card cartridges?

There's the NES and SNES powerpaks available here: http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cP...f2709ea6006508

I've also seen a couple for N64. I wanted to get them, but then decided a nice HTPC with USB controller adapters would be true enough to the original experience for me. I'm still setting it all up, and there's a constant debate about where/how to mod the ports, but I'll show it off once I have it working.

Fresh Paint

Wow that is a nice site. Thanks for the share bud

I'm doing the NES PC which will look as authentic as a NES as possible. With a DVD Rom drive, I'll be able to watch movies, play music, play games (whether original discs or burnt discs) I want to find some good PS2/360/PS3 emulators. My NES PC will be an ultimate gaming and multimedia machine that sits and looks pretty under the TV in the living room.

I want to build some htpc's out of other systems as well; a friend of mine wants one out of the original XBox.

I really have a lot of ideas in my head, as well as projects started that I don't ever have the time to finish :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Daddy View Post
    Wow that is a nice site. Thanks for the share bud

I'm doing the NES PC which will look as authentic as a NES as possible. With a DVD Rom drive, I'll be able to watch movies, play music, play games (whether original discs or burnt discs) I want to find some good PS2/360/PS3 emulators. My NES PC will be an ultimate gaming and multimedia machine that sits and looks pretty under the TV in the living room.

I want to build some htpc's out of other systems as well; a friend of mine wants one out of the original XBox.

I really have a lot of ideas in my head, as well as projects started that I don't ever have the time to finish :'(
    If you have a friend that wants an NES PC I'll do commission work. I've been wanting to do another one for a while so if I can't get a little money to do one then that would be awesome.

I still have my Atari Lynx. It has some sort of bug where it intermittently keeps moving to the right. Never did fix it. It was an awesome game system for it's time.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin