Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needing a large heatsink

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Needing a large heatsink

I'm in the planning stages of a new mod, and I'm looking for a large simple finned heat sink, something like this:

When I say large I'm trying to cover most of the side of a mid-tower case, so two feet square would be great but I'm still planning so I'll try to work around whatever I can find.

If anyone has anything like this or knows where I might find something let me know, thanks!!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Default Re: Needing a large heatsink

Going to watercool? If so I would say get a heater core or radiator etc and farms around that.

If its not serving any real cooling purpose but is to look awesome then here you go.

http://www.parts-express.com/aluminu...18mm--320-3282

PE and other similar stores have heaps of these things in varying sizes.

I will be water cooling but that will be handled by externally-mounted radiators. This will be strictly aesthetic. Thanks for the link, I'll check them out!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Let me check our scrap piles to see if we still have some of these left over. Might not be big enough, but if we have several of them, you can put a few together to make a large one.

BTW: I have one of these lying around if it would help with the look of your build:

Last edited by Airbozo; 11-14-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Let me check our scrap piles to see if we still have some of these left over. Might not be big enough, but if we have several of them, you can put a few together to make a large one.

BTW: I have one of these lying around if it would help with the look of your build:
    Fantastic, PM sent!

Yes, a few smaller ones could work also. I can use other esoteric industrial technowhatsits to fill in the gaps.
    Last edited by blueonblack; 11-14-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Yes, I misspelled "technowhatsits"...

Looking forward to seeing this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerboy779 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this mod
    Looking forward to doing it. I'm actually going to try to MOD a case instead of building one. As long as I've been doing this I've never managed that. I got the new HAF Stacker 935 from Cooler Master to work with so I'll have plenty of room and flexibility.

It will be a little while, lots going on right now, but there will be a worklog here.

Going to be weird using lots of metal?

Different for sure. It's going to be a dieselpunk mod so there won't be a scrap of wood on it.

Custom Title Honors

yaayyy! dieselpunk!!!!!