Thread: TT Silent Water with "My Sig Kit"??

MitaPi

Default TT Silent Water with "My Sig Kit"??

So I was browsing the internet looking for a more cost efficient temporary solution for water cooling a cpu. If you look at my sig you can understand why I might be doing this for now. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. But anyways I came across the Thermaltake Silent Water Kit on Newegg.com and it prices to about $86.00 with shipping. My first thought was, WOW, this must be a piece of junk if its an all in one CPU cooler. After doing a bit of research I came across this website and its review for the TT Silent Water.

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...ter/index.html

I am now very much so considering purchasing this item. Since I was going to buy one of those TT back exhaust radiators anyhow. I see this as... an extra pump for when I get my FULL kit and even a temporary cooling device for my new cpu so I dont have to use the stock heatsink. Anyone think that this is a good idea to do? Can I hook this thing up to what I have below in my sig and not run into any SERIOUS problems? Cuz an extra pump for extra water flow while buying what i was going to buy anyways would be GREAT!!

Default Re: TT Silent Water with "My Sig Kit"??

Why are you getting this if it only temporary? Why not just use stock for a few months (then again if "a few months" is actually like +6 it makes alittle more sense...). Granted pentiums run a bit hot but it still seems like a waste of cash that could be better spent on this machine elsewhere.

MitaPi

okay... I am one of those people who just LOVES the idea of mixing water with electricity. The reason why I wanted this thing was originally for a temporary replacement of the stock heatsink/fan which I would then switch out and sell when I got my new H20 Kit right? OKay, I have my kit listed in my sig here below. See that thing that says TT 120mm Big Radiator? That is the SAME exact thing as the TT Silent water. Now, the only difference's is this... The silent water cost more right? Why is that? Because it has a PUMP built into it. SOOOO instead of buying just a regular 120mm radiator I am thinking about getting the silent water which is the same thing but it cost a lil more because it has a PUMP inside of it!

SO HERE IS MY QUESTION....

Can I have that thermaltake silent water AND have my sig kit work together? So that way I have 2 pumps but with the same setup I originally planned for. Got it?? I dont know if I can explain better than that?

Edit:
    Also it would be alot better than the stock heatsink that comes with my new processor. So I am killing two birds with one stone. One bird right now.. and one bird later. lol I hope this is making sense.. cuz I dont want to explain it again.

Edit again:
    OKay.. so I just basically said what I said in the first place without even realising it. lol I thought my point was pretty clear so maybe you just didnt read the part after the website link??

Case Wizard

I wouldn't have two pumps in the same loop. They will have different specs on them and they would cause problems. At least I would think so. I would think the slower pump would slow the flow rate.

MitaPi

Well I thought that too... but then I thought that maybe if I put it into this order that it would keep a constant good pressure since they are both pretty weak pumps...

TT M3 Res > DD MAG II Pump > TT M2 Rad > TT CPU/Rad > TT 120mm Rad/Pump > TT M1 Indicator > TT M3 Res

My H2O Kit In Progress: DD MAG II LE Pump, TT Volcano 4005 Heat Exchanger, TT Aquabay M3 Reservoir, TT Aquabay M2 Radiator, TT Aquabay M1 Indicator, TT 120mm Big Radiator

Case Wizard

You should find out all the specs of both pumps and see how they compare.

I think you should use get it but when you buy/make your other kit, have two seprate lines. You could have the TT Silent Water cool your gpu insted of the cpu. Use your other gear to cool the cpu and the rest of your components.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Fresh Paint

Try the zallman reserator...

I'll leave the research to you but if the two pumps have specs that are really close (like a percentage point difference, maybe two) then they should work in the same loop as there is a slight margin or error for multi-pump lines. But you are probably better off using two seperate loops like cana-balistic suggested since you want to go ahead and get the silent water now. On the plus side, if you use two seperate loops, you may see a slight increase in cooling performance.

Anyway, whatever you do is up to you.