Thread: Scavenged a LCD is it useable?

Default Scavenged a LCD is it useable?

Seems the part number is LW700AT6005. Googlefu tells me it is a ChiHsin, it came out of a digital picture frame that has taken a poop. I have been tossing around the idea of a raspberry pi or beagle bone and this would be great if could find a control board for it. I would take a picture but theres not much to it, the screen, metal shielding, positive and negative wire, and ribbon cable. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Default Re: Scavenged a LCD is it useable?

Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

This controller lists that screen as being supported: http://www.dhgate.com/product/vga-2a.../99102929.html.
    Full datasheet, including pinout, can be found here.

Might have some luck with better prices if you throw the model number into a search on eBay, there are a few retailers I've contacted who are really good at knowing whether they have a compatible controller or not.
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    This controller lists that screen as being supported: http://www.dhgate.com/product/vga-2a.../99102929.html.
    Full datasheet, including pinout, can be found here.

Might have some luck with better prices if you throw the model number into a search on eBay, there are a few retailers I've contacted who are really good at knowing whether they have a compatible controller or not.
    doesn't look that will work unless I replace the ribbon cable at it has two connections. I will take a look around though.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

From the picture it looks like both are 30-pin ribbon cables. The description lists the same, but you might want to contact the supplier to verify. I don't think the image on the site is of the actual product, it looks like a stock image they use from the searching I did. I don't want to say definitively that it will work, I'd see what the seller said before I put down any money.

CMO����LW700AT6005 / LW700AT9005��---double 30pin 2AV+VGA input

CMO is the acronym for Chi Mei Optoelectronics, a division of Chi Mei Innolux, also the parent company to ChiHsin.
    TheMainMan

Thank you again I still need to look into it again.