Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PC in a Fridge (first Post)

Fresh Paint

Default Re: PC in a Fridge (first Post)

Appologies for not posting sooner only had a bit of bad news and things have been moving real slow for a while!!!! Ive been told i have 3 months to move house as the landlord is selling the premises..as u can imagine its a little chaotic here at the moment with 10years of stuff to sort through. but not to fear i will back modding within a couple of weeks once the majority of clearing is done.. If nothing else ill have a lot more room to work then, and maybe a little more spare cash to move things on a bit!.Vez out...
    My Rigs

Share What You Know! Learn What You Dont!

Fresh Paint

Default Re: PC in a Fridge (first Post)

Well a little update from this weekend.

First off i tried several different ideas as to how to fit a mobo in for testing. I wanted to avoid anything to permenant just yet and also avoid any drips falling directly on the mobo from the evaporator plate.I eventually decided to use the existing door as a mounting point as it wont be used in the finished mod.

Well this is how it went:-

1. The Victim

2.the Tools and saftey gear

3.Pre Cut

4.At this point i expected it would just fall off..how wrong was i

Well heres where the batteries in my camera died and it was too late to go get some more .
    In words i took a hammer to it and bashed the hell out of it , then spent an hour or so cutting the foam lining from the door to fit the mobo bracket in. it went better than i thought althought the GPU card is a little close the the evporator plate.

6.So far

Hopfully should be ready for some testing in a week or 2. im going to order a water block and temp display this week.
    i was thinking of these :-
    Cpu water block
    A temporary temp display until i find 1 i like
    i would apreciate some feedback on these 2 and maybe the shop if any1 has used them?

Secondly i had an attempt at making a reservoir after some pressure from a m8 and a new blow torch arrived. it didnt go well but will do for a prototype

1.An old pc case seemed just the job to form the 90* i wanted.

2.Didnt go too bad at first

3.But the disater struck and i got carless with the heat and bubbled the surface trying to get the corner married up correct .

Well i learned from it and have decided on a jig idea instead of bending by hand. I have a good friend who works in an engineering shop and he supplied me with these:-

they should make a nice corner jig and also inspired some more design ideas.

Well thats all for now...Vez out...
    My Rigs

Share What You Know! Learn What You Dont!