Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSX mod

maximan1

Default PSX mod

Yes its me again.
    Today I was sitting on the computer playing Halo and was beginning to get bored when I see my old PSX lying in a corner of my room. I think "What the hell I'm bored, so why not mod my old system?" So I took the whole thing apart and got all of the dust off of the mobo. Right now the primer is drying. I have decided to paint it a sexy red color and maybe tweek it. If anybody has any idea how to overclock a PSX please help me.
    Heres it unprimed:

And primed:

P.S. Sorry 'bout the bad quality pics I'm taking them on my cameraphone because I don't have a camera.

Dude...totally!

Default Re: PSX mod

lol, your hearts definately in the right place, but im not sure if youll be able to OC that PS1. but they make good practice projects. considering they cost like 20 bucks or less at gamestop, and thats with controllers and all the cables. ive always like my N64. so i went out and bought a used one for 20 bucks and opened it up, painted it, added some lights that actually run off of a seperate ac adapter, cuz i didnt feel like finding the 12 volt leads on the main board. all in all it was a great way to get ready for a bigger project.

P.S. If you really wanna try overclocking a console, theres a guy out there who decided to overclock(and underclock) an old NES. it looks like youd need some general knowledge of electronics and basic soldering skills, but its interesting how the games react to differant clock speeds. they actually run at differant speeds with differant clock settings. just google it, im sure youll find a worklog laying around somewhere

maximan1

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA
    P.S. If you really wanna try overclocking a console, theres a guy out there who decided to overclock(and underclock) an old NES. it looks like youd need some general knowledge of electronics and basic soldering skills, but its interesting how the games react to differant clock speeds. they actually run at differant speeds with differant clock settings. just google it, im sure youll find a worklog laying around somewhere
    I have advanced soldering skills. And I have a bunch of led control boards so its gonna be a cool psx. I WILL NEVER EVER LEAVE THESE FORUMS!!!!! I love it here...

Dude...totally!

advanced soldering skills are good, theyre something wish i had. especially when i did the 3 differant volt mods for my EPOX motherboard. that took me forever to get right. but i managed to pull them all off without frying it. i swear, this mother board has survived more abuse than any other piece of computer hardware i own.

maximan1

lol

ATX Mental Case The Great Destroyer's Avatar

i got a ps1 with toothless gears and an lcd screen that wont stand up. im planning on using the screen in a computer in the future, but i havent found anything to use the ps1 for!
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!

Dude...totally!

i was actually going to write a real response. but im lazy, so heres a link that should give you an idea or two. im betting you could do better than this guy.
    http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/playstationpc/

maximan1

I am not planning to put a computer in there...its still supposed to be a Playstation.

maximan1

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Destroyer
    i got a ps1 with toothless gears and an lcd screen that wont stand up. im planning on using the screen in a computer in the future, but i havent found anything to use the ps1 for!
    You have a ps1:

I have a psx:

Lots of people get them messed up.

Oooooooooook.
    Today I found one of my controllers and took it apart (same thing with the memory card) but I couldn't find the other controller. MAN those screws are in there tight. My hand hurts . STUPID SONY . They should make these things hackable.
    Here are the dismanteled controller and memory card:

THATS IT FOR NOW!!!!!!

P.S. Hey The Great Destroyer if you don't want the PS1 give it to me I'll mod it or something. I've been wanting to try some stuff on one of those.

A PSX mini itx box would be great for emu. And Playstation is so old that there's good emulation for it.