Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TBCS Photography (Dial up Beware)

Default TBCS Photography (Dial up Beware)

Note: This is not a competition!

A lot of the folks on this site, i've noticed over time, have quite an interest in photography. So I though i'd start a little photography thread, so we can post photos of things that have inspired, or could inspire, a custom computer.

I'll start off with some photos I took: some people find inspiration in fast cars, in sleek, elegant design, but for me, it's always clunky and rusty industrial devices or decrepit pieces of technology. You'll see what I mean in a minute.

So how this works: every photo must be your own. Post your photos here, try to keep them no larger than 640*480, and people can drop in and comment on your technique, your choice of subject, the overall photo, and how much of an influence it makes. Your subject can be anything except another mod-try and make it interesting things, not easy targets like the inside of your computer with a close-up lens. Also, write a little note with each of your photos, telling how you took it, zoom factors, exposure settings, lens, and why you think this influences anything.

So I'll start. These photos were all taken on a Panasonic DMZ-FZ3 Lumix with Leica lens.

This thing was huge. That other bulldozer behind it, which looks far away? It's not. It's RIGHT behind it. This hulking Behemoth had to be photographed. Taken normally with about 6* optical zoom. Large, High Quality version avaliable on e-mail.

Although it's probably the worst photo out of the 8 i've chosen to start with, the air of decrepidness surrounding this photo, that made me think of dust and dreams and wasted time, I just couldn't exlude it. Taken normally with a 2* optical zoom. Hi Quality Avaliable on request.

This is a silage pump, I think. It looks interesting, I thought it might influence some interesting watercooling features. Taken normally with a 4* optical zoom. Hi Quality Avaliable on request.

Good rusty edges are hard to find these days, and a lot of folks go out looking for them. This peice of rusted metal was a sort of corroded holy grail. Taken with normal mode, no zoom. Hi Quality Avaliable on request.

This fan would certainly make an interesting case mod feature: I'm actually planning to use this on my fallout mod to make it look more realistic. Taken normally with no zoom, HQ avaliable on request.

I also found this burned out computer in that dumpheap. It's been burned and lleft for the harsh Scottish elements. I have multiple HQ photos if you want to see this. I would have kicked it open, but it was melted inside. Taken normally with no zoom.

I don't know what this thing is, but it reminded me slightly of the Citadel from HL2. It looked pretty cool. This was taken in VERY adverse weather conditions, and this is the best quality avaliable. Taken with a 12* optical zoom in 70-120mph winds. You can imagine trying to keep the camera steady

Finally, this was on the wall of a peir near a lighthouse. It's an interesting little thing that i'm considering using on the integration Stage 1 case. It's rusted from salt water but it still looks good. Again, adverse conditions, normal mode, no zoom. This is the best quality avaliable.

That's all from me today, feel free to comment, and of course, add your own! Keep the banter on-topic and intelligent please. The mods will crack down on you if you can't manage this.

Good luck, and happy browsing!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: TBCS Photography (Dial up Beware)

thats pretty nice looking dude. im think about getting the new sony SLR camera. ill post some pictures taken with camera.
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

So its a picture war is it, hang on ill go upload mine, me like my photography me.

Dave, Nice looking industrial grunge photo's. I have found the best photos in the scrap yards and old logging trails. I like your theme.

Where were the last 2 pics taken? I think I have been there...

The SlackMeister

I have a lot of photos, but they are all 800x600... is that OK?

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    I have a lot of photos, but they are all 800x600... is that OK?
    Just resize them. Download FastStone Image Viewer. It's free, not a virus, no spyware blah blah blah - and its the best program I've ever used. It handles anything you could ever really need. It does file conversions, resizings, watermarks, bulk image processing, all of the above. Definately worth the download.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

I'm not sure if it is just that those images are shrunk down, but they seem to have a lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar
    I'm not sure if it is just that those images are shrunk down, but they seem to have a lot of noise.
    I think its because they have been resized and they are JPEG, stupid photobucket, 1+hours of uploading then says ome files corrupt, was uploading 19 and its only done 8! sooo annoying.

Well heres some of mine i will slowly add more( some are linked too because they are too big): Taken with Kodak CX6630. Can't give optical zoom, doesn't tell me.

^ A picture of the atlantic ocean from Polzeath, Cornwall, UK- No Zoom - Landscape Mode

Blurry, have better one) A picture of the night sky also Polzeath. - No Zoom - Night Mode

Some Palm trees in Tenerife in the evening Slight Zoom - Normal Mode

More Palm trees in the evening, Tenerife - No Zoom - Normal Mode

Picture of sun setting, with river, Peterborough, UK - No Zoom - Night Mode

Sun setting again with river(wonkey lol) Peterborough, UK - No Zoom - Night Mode

^ Large Oak tree, with my bike just after mid-day, Peterborough, UK[/url] - Slight Zoom - Normal Mode

Shot from under palm tree looking up at midday sun, Tenerife - No Zoom - No Zoom

May add some more if photobucket stops annoying me

Well not pictures that ive taken but ones ive made in photoshop.

eye manipulation.-THIS was the stock image( i did not take stock image, was ound on deviant art no longer avalible), nice change eh.

My Planet Art just a planet and its moon.(dial-up beware-large image 1024x1280)

So what do ya all think?
    Last edited by Scotty; 07-07-2006 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added Pics

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis
    Just resize them. Download FastStone Image Viewer. It's free, not a virus, no spyware blah blah blah - and its the best program I've ever used. It handles anything you could ever really need. It does file conversions, resizings, watermarks, bulk image processing, all of the above. Definately worth the download.
    I meant that I have them already uploaded at 800x600, and i have a LOT so its pain in the ass to reupload them

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    i have a LOT so its pain in the ass to reupload them

Your telling me!