Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bmw

Anodized

Default Bmw

well right now i dont have enough money right now but im thinking about making a BMW case. i would have the classic BMW front grills. Then put the BMW logo on some adhessive vinyl and then put that on plexi and make that my power switch. Also get some gages that show Temp. and have those on top of the case also get water cooling and have 2 resurvers on the side of the case that look like NOS tanks. well if anyone has any ideas i would like to hear them. ok thank you for reading.

Billy Lundin
    A wise man once said "Enjoy every sandwich."

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Bmw

Then put the BMW logo on some adhessive vinyl and then put that on plexi and make that my power switch
    i have a cunning plan. use some acrylic, clear and blue, and make the logo with that. frost the acrylic and light it. then you can have an awesome power switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Quote Originally Posted by .alchinko.
    ...Then put the BMW logo on some adhessive vinyl and then put that on plexi and make that my power switch...
    I have 2 ideas in mind. The cooler one suprisingly would be easier to make...

1. Get a physical BMW logo and adhesive that to a momentary switch, so when you push down on it it will function the same as a regular power button.

2. Make a touch sensor using some not-so-complicated circutry, so when you touch the BMW logo it turns on the computer. The actual logo does not move.

I suggest an authentic BMW logo to add to the overall effect, but it might make it harder to use Slug Toy's nice idea of having the switch lighted. If you can find a way to light behind the logo it would look stunning. Also if your going for a car theme, design the entire case with a car in mind, meaning use prpoer automotive paint, maybe make some gizmos and widgets flip out, use more of an automotive feel for switches, etc.

Hope that helps.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Anodized

well yeah dont really understand what you wrote but ill read it a few more times and understand. also i e-mailed BMW and they wont let me get some of there loggos from them but i can work arouund that. also one of the big ideas im having is..... ok might be con fusing but here it goes.

BMWs have there tires kind of wider then the car so the body sorta bends out. so im gonna do that with sheetmetal and bondo. then the case is going to sit maybe inch and a half off the ground and the bottom of the case im oging to cut out the the floor and put plexi. then on the inside of it im going to put a couple cold catholds so it looks like under glow. also with the gages i found it has a remote start. http://xoxide.com/logisys-multifunct...nel-black.html another idea is hhaving the window in the shape of a front car window but thats still in thought. another thing im going to have all the lights on switchs. here are the switches. http://www.directron.com/ledswfiberred.html

Just to let you know building might not start for a year because im only 14 and i just applied at a theater so..... money is a problem

Billy Lundin

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Dude, the under-glow kind of effect with a window is actually a good idea, which I might just incorperate to ArgDawn.

But probably not, due to cost limitations, and structural integrity.

Still, good idea!

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

thinking about the underglow.... the neon effect.... i think i have an idea for this too.

instead of putting the cold cathodes inside the case, why not do this:

take the whole existing bottom and replace it with black acrylic. then put one central cathode underneath the case. this way, you get a lot of lighting underneath, and you should have some coming through the black acrylic to give a very faint glow of whatever colour you choose.

ill get something whipped up in sketch up to show what im talking about. its kind of hard to put it in words.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

here we go. this is a quick model of what i mean.

this is what it would look like from under the case. the cathode sits underneath in its own gap. the black acrylic is right above it, and maybe have some aluminum skirting so the light doesnt go directly out the side.... make it hit the ground first.

Indirect lighting... I like...

And if you want the cliff notes version of what I said it is "make the BMW logo into a touch sensitive button".

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Anodized

eys i see where that might work better but i dont want a cathold exposed without any protecion. so i might still end up wit my idea but yeah thanks for the suggestion. any ways where could i get a touch sensor switch?

Anodized

o now i get the light thing. still have the plexi on the bottom but then have it protected from the top too. and have it a bright white so then it reflect off that too making it even more bright. so the light dosent go up. well now that i understand that i might do that. not sure how i would mount it on the bottom but still. o and as far as the side reserves, here Def's case that is exactly how i wanna do it.http://thebestcasescenario.com/forum...read.php?t=549

great case.

Billy Lundin