Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car mod but its kinda cool.

Anodized

Default car mod but its kinda cool.

ok so you know when you put a trailer on a car you plug in that thing that makes the lights on the trailer go on. so i was think'n that if you got a adapter and wired it right you could make it so some lights could work as your blinkers and brake lights. im not sure if it would work but if you tihnk about it it might work. if you have any ideas let me know.
    A wise man once said "Enjoy every sandwich."

Default Re: car mod but its kinda cool.

I really don't get this thread...is this car-specific?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Anodized

no but ok when you have a boat trailer you plug in a cord from the boat to the car, so the lights on the trailer work with the car. so when you hit the brake the light on the trailer goes on. there for if you wired it to some catholds then they would go on. we put catholds in my friends car already and they look sweet/

That could be really cool if you had multiple cathodes under your seat. When you hit the brake, the inside of the car turns red. Use the signal and that side of the car turns yellow or somthing. Really cool idea, i'll keep that in the back of my mind for when i get another car.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Anodized

yeah well in my friends car righ tnow we have two 12" catholds under each seat. them a few under the dash and a couple in the grill. there green so there illegal to drive with. but if they actually did somethin then they'd be legal. so....... i was thinken maybe EL wire around your back window and line it to your brakes. the only bad thing is that it would have to be red or yellow. there the only colors that are legal.

Fresh Paint

Exclamation Re: car mod but its kinda cool.

Sounds like it would work pretty good. Just make sure that your cathods are running on 12V current if your going to run it direct, or you may have to wire in a compacitor to the standard 18V that they normally run on. Also don't forget to ground the cathods since the brake lights are grounded to the body of the car already.

Send pictures when its complete. I wanna see

maximan1

Why are they illegal?

The diffrent colors can distract other motorists and may even temporarily blind them. And since you only use the lights at night which is the worst time for windshield glare, you may inadvertantly cause an accident.

I see a lot of people driving around with thoes licence plate lights nowdays. Thoes are also supposedly illegal.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic
    The diffrent colors can distract other motorists and may even temporarily blind them. And since you only use the lights at night which is the worst time for windshield glare, you may inadvertantly cause an accident.

I see a lot of people driving around with thoes licence plate lights nowdays. Thoes are also supposedly illegal.
    In California, it is supposedly illegal to put any color lights on the back of the car _except_ red, orange or white (not direct white light either, just for lighting the plate and backup lights).

Got stopped in a parking lot once in my '75 landcruiser because my backup light is a BRIGHT spotlight (gotta see). Cop was nice enough to just "warn" me but it was still silly. I just think he wanted to check out my ride...

ComputerKing

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic

YA This man Right Remeber Some thing ((( The Safety First On Driving )))