Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like i'm spamming

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default I feel like i'm spamming

So like after my period of "being gone" for obvious reasons to some of y'all.

and coming back to the whole website being down thing.

and yippin' a woohoo the first time T tried tbcs for the giggles of it, and it actually working.

I've noticed the sites been extremely slow as far as people posting, and i figured it was just because people didn't have much to chat about on here.. so I've been going through and replying, making polls to vote in or just posting an idea i had for someones mod....or whatever interests me with the intent of helping this move along and getting folks to return to the site, I've even been name dropping us on other forums and websites that are computer related...but no dice.

and at this point it feels like i'm just spamming because it can be days or weeks, if at all between replies and such.. but oh well maybe i'm just rambling on =\

Default Re: I feel like i'm spamming

I can tell you that you are not . . . even a little bit . . . spamming. Activity is good. If I came on once or twice a day (as I do every day) and every time there were a dozen new threads all from you, then I might start to think of it as spam.

But even then it would only be if those threads weren't relevant or were full of repeated junk, which they aren't.

So keep on posting. I'll keep on reading, and I'll respond when I think I have something to add, which is what I already do (you can tell that I generally don't think I have anything to add since I don't post often).

I think that we lost a lot of people with the site being down for so long and it will take some time for things to get back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Well here is hoping for normal again I'll try and do my part soon.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Thanks Yall!!

=)

I really wanna start modding on my vento again, but i'll be damned if my calender isn't always full 24/7 between all the things i've gotta do, my 6 year old and work, kinda feel like i'm a sub member now that i'm not getting hole saws stuck in polycarbonate and my hair covered in bondo so bad it comes out pink in the shower though some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I really wanna start modding on my vento again, but i'll be damned if my calender isn't always full 24/7 between all the things i've gotta do, my 6 year old and work, kinda feel like i'm a sub member now that i'm not getting hole saws stuck in polycarbonate and my hair covered in bondo so bad it comes out pink in the shower though some days.
    I feel the same way. School has taken nearly 100% of my time for years now, and I've had essentially no place that I can mod, so I have to do small things that I know I can clean quickly. With no spare money I've been trying to do mods with little to no space and no parts or materials.

When I finally get back to building things I'll try to make them TBCS exclusives, at least until they're finished, then I'll port the worklog around to other sites I frequent.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I find it hardest to get time for updates, I've got a bunch of projects on the go but really need to start some build logs They will all be TBCS exclusives when they happen as this is the only place I still frequent for modding. As far as I'm concerned Twigs, keep up the posting as it helps to see things happening in the New Posts view.
    TheMainMan

I have to be honest, I have not made this part of the internet a staple daily diet in a long time. I miss you guys though... and love the whole modding scene still. I have less time and less money to dedicate to even remotely attempt a mod, but still love the whole idea of taking something and making better by yourself with good old fashioned ingenuity.

Mod on, brothers, mod on.

And no, I don't think it qualifies as spamming when you are making relevant comments and posts, twigs. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

I agree with all above, your not spamming, and like billygoat I haven't been on daily in awhile and have even less money than back then (yay car) I wish I could be on more.
    Will

No pictures of the actual items, but I recently bought these:

1080p projector - $600
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009577

Newegg had it for really cheap, and I'm going to use it to project information onto a physical model for my grad project, and I didn't want to borrow one from the school for three days at a time since I wouldn't have time to experiment and refine the process.

Radeon 260X 2Gb - $120
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814202081

My HTPC has been crashing a lot recently and I'm not totally sure what it is, but signs point to it being a memory issue or a video card issue, or a video card memory issue. If the 750 Ti had been just a little cheaper I probably would have gone that route. In any case, it should be a decent upgrade from the single 9800gt that's in the machine now.