Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filling up my empty drive bay with some fans.

Default Re: Filling up my empty drive bay with some fans.

I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Looking cool dude!

Also, you might be able to pop off the little C clip holding the actual shaft and fan rotor to the housing (behind the fans sticker on the back), and replace them over to the other fans housing, if that's the look you were going for but with the other fans housing.

just really depends on the length of the drive shaft and where that little C clip rests in =)

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Looking cool dude!

Also, you might be able to pop off the little C clip holding the actual shaft and fan rotor to the housing (behind the fans sticker on the back), and replace them over to the other fans housing, if that's the look you were going for but with the other fans housing.

just really depends on the length of the drive shaft and where that little C clip rests in =)
    I was going to try to do that, but I just ended up ordering some more of the first kind of fans. Where the screw holes are on the frosted looking ones the LEDs wouldn't have been able to be put in the right place. I guess there's a reason why there aren't any 40mm LED fans with the lights shining on the blades like the bigger ones lol. I ended up not mounting the fans directly to the mesh blank. Instead, I modified one of these:

Everything is done on it, just waiting for a replacement 3.5" drive blank to fill in the empty hole on my faceplate. Decided to remove the multi-card reader from the bay, and can't find the cover anywhere lol. Don't want to show off my finished (for now) computer with a gaping hole on the front lol. But, here are some teasers:
    You can see my backwards mounted fan controller in the open drive bay to control the LEDs in the first pic.