Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 TBCS Member Meetup

Default The 2015 TBCS Member Meetup

So we've been talking a bit about meeting up in a few threads, and I figured that we might just try and find an even that we'd all be willing to go to.

So, if you are interested in coming to meetup with people, just post where you live (just the state is fine if you like), how far you are willing to travel and/or which events specifically you would be willing to go to.

I'll start.

I live in Moscow, ID right now, but am about to graduate (M. Arch degree) and am looking for work almost exclusively on the East coast, so who knows where I'll be in three months.

I'm willing to travel to pretty much anywhere in the U.S. as long as the event is big enough. I'd even consider some international events if I could somehow also turn it into a vacation for the whole family.

I'd really love to go to one of the following events, and would travel to get there.

PAX Prime
    PAX East
    San Diego ComicCon
    QuakeCon
    Dragon Con
    MegaCon
    Last edited by d_stilgar; 03-24-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Default Re: The 2015 TBCS Member Meetup

I'm in SF Bay Area California, but am considering a move to Tennessee. Who knows where I'll be at the time selected, but it would be fun to meet up.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Oklahoma.

I can travel most anywhere, though we've got Tokyo in Tulsa here in my state.

PAX would be super sweet though!

Tickets for PAX sell out almost instantly. I've tried to get tickets a few times and they're always just gone the moment they go on sale.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Met Paul Capello and Jon Benson at the Maker Faire in the Bay Area a few years back, Paul was showing off Doom3 and one of his other mods.

Possibly a Maker Faire? A lot of the stuff is pretty interesting, especially for those of us who like to build and mod things. Just a thought.

edit\\

I'm in the SF Bay Area too FWIW

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Met Paul Capello and Jon Benson at the Maker Faire in the Bay Area a few years back, Paul was showing off Doom3 and one of his other mods.

Possibly a Maker Faire? A lot of the stuff is pretty interesting, especially for those of us who like to build and mod things. Just a thought.

edit\\

I'm in the SF Bay Area too FWIW

dang, but then i'd have to get off my butt and actually make something useful and pretty so i don't look lame at the meeting. . .

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Not really, you can just attend the maker faire without being a participant. Lots of other stuff to look at.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Not really, you can just attend the maker faire without being a participant. Lots of other stuff to look at.
    That's not twiggy's style though (o__ 0 )

I'd do maker faire. It's been on my list and I have family there.

I'll probably be going to Maker Faire on Saturday this year again. Going to see if I can score free tickets from Full Spectrum.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin