Thread: Whoever invented . . . . .

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Whoever invented . . . . .

"Add to cart to see price". needs to be shot. Seriously annoying
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Whoever invented . . . . .

Not that you don't already know this, but it's probably the result of rules that manufacturers place on retailers for what advertised prices retailers may have. This way, you can't see the price, and it doesn't show up on price comparison sites, etc., but the internet retailer can lower the price beneath some minimum MSRP.

The "Add to cart to see price" thing has gotten better, too. Most places now give an immediate option of "just looking, remove from cart." I remember when I had to navigate to the cart page and remove it there. That was annoying.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

The "Add to cart to see price" thing has gotten better, too. Most places now give an immediate option of "just looking, remove from cart." I remember when I had to navigate to the cart page and remove it there. That was annoying.
    I haven't seen any like that yet, what sites have you seen it on?

I find I don't mind too much if it's a decent savings off the MSRP but I've seen a few where it's a couple of bucks off. "Ooooh a $5 savings on a $300+ dollar item!" I know they have to do it for legal reasons but at least make it worth my while for looking.
    TheMainMan

Newegg has a popup with "just looking" and amazon. It reduces the effect of "add to cart" to essentially being "check price." Still annoying, but less so.