Thread: New case for PC build

Default New case for PC build

I just upgraded my existing rig to RAID 10 and 8GB of RAM. My existing case just doesn't have the proper air flow and definitely not enough room. So, I've been digging around and came up with this case as a candidate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139009

I like it because the bottom mount PSU, plenty of 3.5 internal bays and most importantly the from I/O ports. I use the headphone jacks and front USB ports a lot so this is a huge convenience.

Does anyone have experience with this case/model or any other recommendations?

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: New case for PC build

I'm partial to Cooler Master and Fractal myself but I've heard good things about the Corsair cases. If you're looking for airflow have a look at the Cooler Master HAF series cases. Any preferences about aesthetics?
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    I'm partial to Cooler Master and Fractal myself but I've heard good things about the Corsair cases. If you're looking for airflow have a look at the Cooler Master HAF series cases. Any preferences about aesthetics?
    I've looked at both of these as well. I like blacks and reds. Metal cases are preferable.

I seem to be collecting a lot of NZXT cases. Love them. Great quality for the price level.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

I recommended a $60 Fractal case to a friend. I couldn't believe the quality for the money. It had sound-proofing material and was surprisingly solid. I'm not sure how they are making money on those cases.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I recommended a $60 Fractal case to a friend. I couldn't believe the quality for the money. It had sound-proofing material and was surprisingly solid. I'm not sure how they are making money on those cases.
    I got my Define XL R2 for like $100, thing weighed 40lbs outta the box and was stupid solid. Comes loaded with a few really nice fans, good solid construction, high quality paint. Honestly can't rave about this case enough.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

and not one mention of Lian Li.

Apple G5 case? I just picked up two of them for CHEAP!!! They are super nice, but will require a lot of modding to fit a regular ATX board.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    Apple G5 case? I just picked up two of them for CHEAP!!! They are super nice, but will require a lot of modding to fit a regular ATX board.
    Worklog coming soon?!
    TheMainMan

Not yet. Shelved temporarily while I find hardware to put in at least one of them. Meanwhile I'm poking along on my main rig, Rinzler.