Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Default Re: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Hey guys! I managed to start my custom reservoirs going. Im starting trim on the top one and I think I am going to redo the bottom one as one of the seams did not glue solid and I am having some leaks.

I have also been busy with the CNC, its almost finished now, just need the spindle and some odds and ends. Once its done I can put my money towards buying the rest of the components for this build.

Anyway on to the update! Hope you guys enjoy it!

First thing is that I greatly appreciate the help from my sponsors, they are the foundation of this project!

Here we go! I got my motherboard tray locked in place now with some aluminum cubes.

I also went through and started removing the rivets and replacing them with rivet nuts so the case will no be assembled with screws rather than rivets. It makes things much cleaner and easier to break down and assemble.

Next up I modded the bottom case bezel to hold two bulkheads and a little window to the bottom res. Two tubes will go from the top res and bring water down to the bottom res.

I used the step drill to cut the holes out.

>>>

Then cleaned them up with the dremel and put in the bulkheads.

Next I cut out a window, I am not sure what trim to go with yet, white or copper. I might actually make acrylic trim for a more professional look.

Now Ill show you the top reservoir. I am leaving the bottom res out because I am most likely going to remake it. Its only about 20$ in acrylic per reservoir without the trim.

So I got the acrylic and some more syringes and a new needle from McMaster.

>>>

I took the acrylic and cut it down to the correct sizes and made rabbit joints on the ends to make them more leak resistant when I glue them.

I cut grooves in the mid plate that the water will flow over to hopefully keep the water a little more even.

>>>

After all the panels were cut and rabbited I got to work getting the fittings in place.

After drilling it was time to tap the front fitting holes. A good trick is to run the tap through a block of wood then into the acrylic. It keeps the tap straight and prevents cracking of the acrylic.

Once the front were on I did the back return and top fill fitting.

Quick set in place to get an idea of it, and then lay everything out to glue.

>>>

This res glued together rather well.

Final res without the trim.

Filled it with some liquid and let it sit over night. It passed the test.

Even if it leaked a little the trim will block all the seams with another layer of reinforcement. Here is the first trim panel I set up. I am bringing it up and around the fittings on all panels of both reservoirs. The trim will also be masked off and painted copper once glued on for a white-copper-white-copper contrast.

Here is the trim in its glory. I am going to glue it square to the bottom right and flush cut the overhang. Then get it done.

Well thats what I have for now. Hope you enjoyed it! Always love some feedback! I plan to have both reservoirs trimmed, mounted and connected for the next update. There are only a few things left that I can do before installing hardware, its finally getting to that point!! The CNC was eating my funds but after this friday I will be able to spend money on components. I already have my hardware decided and water loop as well. If you want to stay up to date on my progress daily check out my modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. Until next time modders!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeclockwerk View Post
    Hope you enjoyed it!
    Ummm... Yes, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Ummm... Yes, Thank you!

Cheer bud! =D

I like your method used for keeping the tap straight. I'm going to have to try that out.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    I like your method used for keeping the tap straight. I'm going to have to try that out.
    Thanks bro, yeah I tapped 7 holes that way including the bottom res that I didn't share cuz I am rebuilding, none of them cracked though, they were all perfect.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

That is a good trick, I've used it for drilling as well when the work wouldn't fit on the drill press. If the piece you're tapping will fit on your drill press table they make excellent tap holders also.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    That is a good trick, I've used it for drilling as well when the work wouldn't fit on the drill press. If the piece you're tapping will fit on your drill press table they make excellent tap holders also.
    Thanks for the tip =D

Default [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : Update 8 : June 24th : Custom reservoir trim!

Hey everybody! I got a whole lot of update here today! Hope you all enjoy! I have a ton of photos so lets get right into it!

First and foremost thanks to my awesome sponsors! You guys are truly amazing!!

Alright first thing I got some more parts in. Mod/smart sent me in the power and reset switches along with spools and spools and spools of PSU pins for sleeving my own cables!! I am now stocked and I love it!

I recently had inquiries to make custom handmade reservoirs for some peoples builds after sharing pictures of mine. So I picked up a new 15/32 plastic drillng bit and a new syringe. These larger syringes are the way to go, they don't jam up and explode solvent everywhere.

Alright some modding! I painted the connectors needed to get my power supply sleeved, I hope to get that sleeved for next update.

Speaking of sleeving I found this paracord online and the color is called rust, it is really really close to the metallic copper. I think I will use it for some accent striped between the white.

Alright now into the reservoir work, there is quite a bit of it =D

First up was finishing the bottom reservoir. First cut all the pieces the drill and tap what needed to be, then glue together.

Then fit it together, glue it, and leak test it. This one is much better than my first. I had a dulling router bit and it was just a crap finish the first time, I didn't even share it. This one glued up mint with no leaks!

Next up was trimming both reservoirs. I have tons of photos as I shared every day but I am going to kind of broaden it out so my update doesn't have 150 photos of me cutting on the scroll saw haha

When I cut the trim I would do one axis at a time and flush cut the trim even with the edge on my router table.

After all the trim was on I was really happy with the way it came out! In the next update I should have the trim painted and installed correctly.

Next up was mounting the reservoirs. The top res is fastened to he motherboard tray and the bottom one is now flush with the front face of the bezel after some modding =D. I have to attach it with a screw or 2 when I have it exact. The bottom bezel will get some more detail treatment eventually.

Next up I didn't like using the mesh panel drive bay port cover for the bulkheads, it didn't seem professional or rigid enough. so I made one from acrylic and it is currently in place with some 3m mod tape, I will probably glue it in after the bezel is done and repainted but it looks much nicer than had before.

Now I am ready to run a couple PETG tubes from top res to the bulkheads.

Some soapy water for the rubber insert.

I made my own jig to bend tubing at the exact length it needed to be.

It was worth it because the tubes are nearly identical. I have a little trimming to tweak them to perfect but Ill do it later.

This is where I am now! I am super happy with the way its looking! I can't wait to get some hardware in this build!

Well thats where I am at for now! I hope you all enjoyed the update! If you want to follow me daily dont forget to check out my facebook page Clockwork Case Mods! Also remember I still have aluminum case cubes available and I have people now inquiring about custom reservoirs, so PM me on my page if you would like something made! Cheers!

Beautiful work! That "rust" paracord looks like a perfect accent color.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field