Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Real Speaker System (Concept)

ATX Mental Case

Another thing to think about is that if you notice. Sub boxes dont have screws, or most dont atleast. Sub Boxes such as the one your looking at are vacuum sealed. If you take the casing off then you risk breaking the seal which in turn would wreck your new purchase. I would try it on an old goodwill sub or something like that before you risk wrecking a completly good sub.
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

Well, mine has screws. And I can get to the inside. The way it is put togeather is its got wood glue on the wood pieces to hold them togeather. I think a heat gun on that will loosen it up to where I can get it off. To get it to stick togeather again I can use some more wood glue. I would show you pictures of all this but my digital camera is messing up (See what happens when you let your mother borrow things).

Fresh Paint

What is the material of the speaker boxes? By doing so, you may be able to build a acrylic chase to hold the PC, and create all the necessary punch outs for cards, powersupply,etc, and don't forget the actual subwof. Once you have then encasement, then work on the asthetics. If you can find a match on the original color and material of the speaker, then go find a close replica of it.

Oh yeah, make sure you sheild the board and its components from the magenet of the speaker, or else you're dead lol. And one more thing, throw some lights in

Ha ha, I really haven't planned on the sub being in there. But how would I protect it if I do. I think I am going to go with one of the smaller boards though weather I have the sub in there or not so I don't have to physically make the box bigger. Although it will cost more money it will be worth it in the end. And the box is made of wood.

Fresh Paint

Default EMI Shielding

Best shielding for EMI is braided copper mesh of different aperture sizes. Each aperture corresponds to a particular frequency range of EMI, so you can use layered screens of different sizes that will shield your hardware within the frequency response range of the sub.

Google: faraday cage

or check out this wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

"Some of me are glad that we aren't schizophrenic"

Sounds good. I will probably do that. Thanks for all the feed back. I have a few other ideas I want to work on too. We will see how things go.

ATX Mental Case

with a sub you'll prolly have to be concerned about vibration as well. a decent driver and the right track could shake a video or peripheral card loose.

Water Cooled

it sounds like a good ide but as others said, there are just too many problems with it if you want to keep the sub functional. I'd suggest to do it in a separate sub box and have 2 subs, but one would be the comp. the big hole of the box would be excellent for a fan