Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Beastliest Computer EVER!

The SlackMeister

Default Re: The Beastliest Computer EVER!

You are supid.

JK

Conroe is the new core from Intel and its much better than AMD

so what about quad SLI? that would have been niiiiice, and this would have been nice too

And then you should have had the whole thing plated in gold.

The SlackMeister

If you are going to watercool, do it like a man... not some gay all in one thing

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird
    Ill try and get pictures, my digital cameras broken so I might have to do something else.

Don't worry, its being put to good use. He's my friend so I told him to use it for what I made it for. He plays Oblivion and Far Cry on it right now. He went out and bought a 30" Dell LCD shortly afterwards. I gotta admit playing oblivion in 2560 x 1440 is AWESOME. And booting in 12 seconds aint to bad either...

Ohh, btw (please don't call me stupid), what is a Conroe rig?

Lastly I could have put 8 gigs of RAM (and 4.5 terabytes of HDD) in it but even he knows a little about computers and thinks that's rediculous. He wanted the 750 gig barracudas because he's also going to do alot of video editing and dvd-downloading so he wanted the space.
    For the Hard Drive I didn't mean a lot of space I meant the speed. Most regular desktop Hard Drives are 7200 Rpms(which is probably what he got). A rapter is 10,000 rpms, come to think of it I think they have them at 15,000 rpms now. The speed helps everything load faster such as the OS, Photoshop, etc... The ram would be good with than especialy when the conroe processor comes out.

BTW... yes conroe is supposed to beat AMD but just wait a little while after the conroe and FX-62. AMD is yet making another process that will whip conroe out of its league.

christ that ****** must pwn, it even beats my rig :'(

MODERATOR: Please watch your language.

holy s*** as if i didnt notice, thats almost exactly the same as mine, cept im running amd 4800x2 and have only 1 7950gx2 and only 2 gig ram hes even got the same case

MODERATOR: Please watch language.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I understand i could have gone with the intel but I got the FX-62 for a couple reasons; first, he wanted the computer within a week and they don't release that for a while, second, I overclocked it to 3.15GHz and I don't know if I could overclock the conroe to match it. Though with the money he has I wouldn't be suprised if he asks me to upgrade when it comes out.

He didnt want water cooling be cause he "read some article somewhere" that said watercooling is bad. I tried to convince him otherwise be he said to keep the cooling simple.

Also, I suppose I could have put the raptor in but I've used his computer a couple times and it goes fast enough for me...

ohh, isunktheship it does have quad SLI in it

maximan1

I wish I had a rig like that

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Dreams are free computer parts aren't something we all have to live with.

Half the people who buy top of the line computerrs dont appreicate the wonders of having quad SLI cards and ones which have dual GPU's for that matter. There should be a law against that.

And a AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 those are stupidly hard to come by. like any of the FX chips.
    Need a sig

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird
    I understand i could have gone with the intel but I got the FX-62 for a couple reasons; first, he wanted the computer within a week and they don't release that for a while, second, I overclocked it to 3.15GHz and I don't know if I could overclock the conroe to match it. Though with the money he has I wouldn't be suprised if he asks me to upgrade when it comes out.

He didnt want water cooling be cause he "read some article somewhere" that said watercooling is bad. I tried to convince him otherwise be he said to keep the cooling simple.

Also, I suppose I could have put the raptor in but I've used his computer a couple times and it goes fast enough for me...

ohh, isunktheship it does have quad SLI in it
    Well its better for large programs, especially for video editing, and programs like photoshop.