Page 1 of 35 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

Default Project: Alien Hospital

After a short break to do some other things instead of modding i'm starting a new project. I'm planning to post it only on TBCS, because it will be a long running project, and when i post it everywere everyone knows it and the suprise factor will be less. But offcourse i need some feedback, and i think TBCS can, because there are more model bulding people around here.

The idea: Also a bit to suprise, but it should be a alien witch has a crash or accident so he has some bloody wounds, broken leg etc. so they took care about him in a special alien hospital. How does a alien hospital look like? You will see...

I was a bit confused about the name, if it's correct english and a good name for this mod. Suggestions are welcome offcourse. The good thing is that there are only 1300 google results, far less than "alien crash" or "alien illness". Always handy when people searching this project.

The project does exsist of 2 important parts: The alien and the case. First i want to do the alien, it gives me more ideas for the case and time to figure out the exact dimensions. Offcourse the case will have a extremely hi-tech/industrial look. Lots of cable's, sttrange alien materials, blood and tools.

So i started with a small test model made of foam and putty, but that didn't work out too well. I decided to start working with clay.

My dad often comes home with some old parts from his job. For example this cool grill. By rotating the wheel left you can open and close it.

I havn't got pics of the head's frame, made of wire. But here it was covered roughly with clay. It's the hardest part because it should be perfect symetric and very detailed. Giving the face a real espression is not that easy either i think.

More usefull parts: RVS tubes in various dimensions. Very sci-fi look, if you've seen the matrix or some other movies you probably seen them before.

Wireframe of the body. The left and right side has some small differences, esp. the shoulders because both arms won't be in the same direction.

Moving on with the head: time to add detail. I made 2 eyes of 8mm black plexi. Mounted them with some self drying clay and a 20.000mcd green led beyond them.

You can barely see trough the eyes due to the black/smoke color.

His teeth

At 1 of the pics you can see a small piece of silver foil. I glued that with some disance behind the eyes to provide a reflector for the led's. The effect is realy cool, the lens effect combined with a reflector made of silver foil creates a nice light effect. It changes under each direction/movement.

Babelfish says this is a "oesophagus", the hollow pipe were food goes trough. It's the main part of his ring, together with a RVS tube. (or might i will replace it. Not shure.)

Well that's it for now.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

Good work already, I'm looking forward to see how this all fits into the case. You might want to search for the Area 51 "Alien Autopsy" video for a few more ideas (although it looks as though you have enough ideas to see you through).
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

Hey, this looks pretty cool. It's an original idea too-i don't think many people would consider an alien hospital, they'd probably go for an alien spaceship, or military site, but i can see where you're going and this looks really good so far.

Keep up the good work-i hope to see a lot more from you!

Oh, and that grill does look pretty cool.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Thanks, the tip for alien movies was usefull i've fond some movies on google video about it. Depending on the time i have left this week, the head could might be finished next weekend. But only the clay/forming stuff (mounted his teeth today). The paint should waith until the rest of the body is done.

maximan1

I like it very professional work. Will you be brush painting this or will you be using an airbrush?

Brush painting
    My mom does something with brushing ceramic. So she has a lot of paint, brushes and she knows some nice effects. My sister has a airbrush and i tried it a few times, but i think brushing should work fine here.

Mom's hobby room:

a stone-like mouse i've painted:

(the black one)

ATX Mental Case

wow! took me a while to see the mouse lol can just make out the scroll wheel

that mouse is m-azing dude

Anodized

Awesome man, im excited about this mod!
    SEMPER FI

cool mouse, nice alien, keep it up.

(I believe in the K.I.S.S. approach to comments )

Love the alien so far, I like seeing some other people finding uses for some-hat everyday objects. Mod on man, mod on.