Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

My GF. :p

Nooo, just kidding. I saw it at a website, while searching for alien pictures etc. Thought it would be fun posting it

Awesome detail on those legs, love the texture. This is gonna be sooo cool! BTW, what's with the chastity belt?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Uhh, no chastity belt, it will be placed higher:

It's maybe not easy to see on the pictures because the legs/body aren't painted, but that area looks so flat and boring. I thought it would be good to add some metal, so there is on his arms and legs.
    (i've made the mesh a little bit smaller after the picture was taken)

I could also add a 'umbilical point' above it, like a electrical -or- hose connector

I think that metal mesh would look cool if made into a arm-gaurd looking device maybe around one wrist that extends halfway up the arm and has little blinking LED's that reflect vital signs.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Good idea, like a 1337-functions-in-1-watch But the left arm will be in some kind of clamp/medical device with led's, sensors etc. I could do it on his right arm. With styrene i can make a nice small watch. Like a tokio flash watch

I could put a PCB beneath the mesh, eventually with some led's? There is another PCB shown in a wound at his stomach, as shown on the pictures, that should match nicely i guess.

Good idea, like a 1337-functions-in-1-watch But the left arm will be in some kind of clamp/medical device with led's, sensors etc. I could do it on his right arm. With styrene i can make a nice small watch. Like a tokio flash watch

I could put a PCB beneath the mesh, eventually with some led's? There is another PCB shown in a wound at his stomach, as shown on the pictures, that should match nicely i guess.
    That's a freakin great idea. This is one of my favorite projects, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

OK, i quickly worked out the idea yesterday and also today before going to bed (it's 21:48 here, and tomorrow i'm doing my car driving examination.)

I found 2x 7-segment LED displays at work, very usable for this project. The plan is to show random blinking segments, like it's having a short circuit while sometimes showing the letters "AH' (Alien Hospital). Off course controlled by a micro controller, that's why they are multiplexed. Other led's will be controllable as well.

Here you see the mesh+acryl, the acryl is pressed into the hole i cut into the body.

Only problem is that the letters are barely visible trough the mesh. I should look if i have some more open mesh, otherwise i can solve it by only using acrylic.

That will look like this.

Offcourse the acryl will be mounted nicely, so the rough cut doesn't mather at all. Simply with some clay around it for the looks and behind it to prevent pressing it into the body.

Absolutly sick... looks awesome

Wow man, creepy light up crotch. Looking cool. Good luck with the driving test!

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Don't need that good luck any more, because i've already got my driving license

I've been busy with some other things (led lights for someone's house). To earn some extra money/making work of my hobby. Might fun to show some pics:

Clickable, those strips (2 of them) with 8 red LED's will be put at the floor next to his door, even when you're drunk, this light should show you where the door is.

Anyway, that's done, it's now all about sanding and sanding and ehm, touching up his skin with sanding hehe. Quite boring and takes a lot of time.

I've been watching alien vs predator yesterday. I was thinking right: It realy gave me a lot of good idea's like the symbols/text, the way objects look like etc. Hopefully i can show that in the case itself. When starting this project i didn't want to build a alien that would look like the alien from the alien movie, because people would say "the real alien is less tall over there, and his skin is darker, you know, they will search for differences. By now i created my own alien, so there is no reference