Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

Gotcha! No update today.

But i do made some progress, the instrument above is finished (well, only wiring up the led's). And i've bondo'ed The arms
    But I'll show some pictures of it next sunday, hoping to have a big update, including sanding the bondo in the right shape.

Still waiting to see that aliens head. I'm makin' one to. A blue one.
    I'm not coping you. Just kinda doing the same thing.

Just making the alien. Not the case mod.

Ok, cool also with sculpey clay etc? It can be fun, having a large alien head on a base, standing in your room

Yea, I got a block of the sculpey. The Foil saves your clay, Im glad I saw that.
    Kinda Practicing with the stuff. . Only thing I dont like is if it stays in the oven to long it gets all bubbled up and crappy lookin.

I'll Shut up now. . as not to Interrupt your worklog.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    Yea, I got a block of the sculpey. The Foil saves your clay, Im glad I saw that.
    Kinda Practicing with the stuff. . Only thing I dont like is if it stays in the oven to long it gets all bubbled up and crappy lookin.

I'll Shut up now. . as not to Interrupt your worklog.
    No problem, a worklog is to share ideas and help others. Yeah, don't put it in too long, but after some sanding and maybe a good primer the skin can be smoothened?

It has been a while since the last update, but the good news is that the alien is 99% finished

I've been sanding down a lot to get the right shape into his shoulders. Too bad i dropped my airbrush, so i have to wait for some spare parts before i can start painting.

While bondo'ing

After sanding.

This was the hardest point, still there are some tiny gaps/holes, but the paint will fill them, or i might sand them away later this week.

In the meanwhile i received a lot of hardware from sponsors:

Very attractive memory from Corsair, i decided to go for 4GB because Vista and Adobe Lightroom both loves Gig's

For the time being i'm using it in my normal system, so i can use the previously installed hardware to measure the alien's case.

The Motherbord is sponsored by ECS and Videocard by sapphire. I received more, but that's for another upcoming casemod

And also a great new tool:

I've been thinking a long time if i did better choose this one or a x-y table for a normall drilling station (we have 2 of them). But finally i went for this one, because it's specially designed for small and detailed work. I think he will be very usefull when making frontplates etc. with switches. They will be perfectly aligned.

Currently i'm looking for a set of steppers+controllers to make a CNC machine of it. imaging yourself nameplates, waterblocks etc. engraved and cutted by this thing A upgrade would cost as much as the machine itself but well worth it, a standard CNC machine would still cost a lot more than that.

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Nice hook up man!!! That memory looks hot! Very sweet! +REP
    Copyright.

WTF,

I was checking out my topic to see if someone had replied on my update... But it seems that i've forgotten to click on the post reply button. So here it is again (but with a little shorter text):

I Decided to start building a siccor, a real operation room needs operation tools offcourse, like siccors, tweezers, a sharp knife etc. It's also a good test to see how my proxxon tool works. And i have to waith for replacement parts for the airbrush anyway, and i should buy a sheet of aluminium to build the case itself.

First i dutted the rough shape, the inside of the handles were done with the proxxon mill. The rest was done with a electric saw. The material is 3mm aluminum from a old 19" front panel.

Size comparision

Another comparision. I copied the siccor at 50% and used that as a template. Note i removed some aluminium to make the blades of the siccor. That was the hardest part. The mill was working very slow (or i have the wrong bits), a dremel was inaccurate, and a sanding belt was going slow as well and made my fingers almost burn by the heat But finally i combined it all, and i removed the aluminum.

After sanding and polishing.

The bolt is no the final one, but it was a taptite to create the treath. I'm shure i'll find a smaller one to replace this one. Total building time was +/- 5,5 hours. But it's worth the time.

I'l have to build them all anyway, but which one should be nr2? I was thinking about a knife or siccor, so i can try how the mill works when engraving.
    What tool to build next? You can decide!

Damn ferry, those scissors look incredible!!! Now you need a rib spreader...

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I agree, the Scissors Look Great!
    Extraction Forcepts?