Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

That Is so awesome I wish I had those skills
    - Computer-Geek

Quote Originally Posted by _ferry_ View Post
    Cool, I'm on the frontpage! Together with the positive feedback you guys are well supporting, thanks!
    Hell, you deserve it!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Fresh Paint

Wow nice concept with the Air duct grill
    I like your idea...
    Can you add a laser pointer that blinks as an hdd indicator? like point it so it just barely leaves a straight line across something?

I can't do it since i dont have money to buy a laser diode
    But it would be cool to see it on this mod
    Good Luck cant wait to see the finished product

Reminds me of the movie Alien
    One day my friend called me up and told me there was something wrong with his computer. "It wont turn on!",he said. I decided to come over and check it out. when i got there i pluged it in and pushed the power button. it hummed to life. behold the power of the power outlet.

Anodized

Im pretty new here, just found your mod. Really like this one...keep it up!

this is mod is awsome ive been following and watching your build up with Awe. i just hope i can live upto the projects ive seen on this site and yours is one of them. this would make an excellent addition to the Featured Worklogs
    Alberta Stoner.
    P4 3.0ghz 630 lga775
    Liquid cooled
    1gb ddr2 pc4200
    Ultra Xfinitiy 600w psu
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Evga Geforce 7300 GS

Quote Originally Posted by FireFoxConn View Post
    Wow nice concept with the Air duct grill
    I like your idea...
    Can you add a laser pointer that blinks as an hdd indicator? like point it so it just barely leaves a straight line across something?

I can't do it since i dont have money to buy a laser diode
    But it would be cool to see it on this mod
    Good Luck cant wait to see the finished product

Reminds me of the movie Alien
    Thanks guy's.
    Lasers will be used I've been working with LED's and fiber, there are green led's in his brain which light up the fibers, but that effect is hard to see in daylight circumstances. So replacing them with lasers (on the other end of the fiber) can improve the light output dramatically. All connected to micro controller or switches, depending on the effect.

They ain't that expensive, i ordered them, red diode, 5mW, and they cost about 4€. I'm waiting for information about the green lasers, those will be a bit expensive, but hopefully worth the price when comparing them to green led's in a situation where they should light up the fibers.

There will also be another light effect in the case, already made a prototype, and the effect is OK. Hopefully i can put it in this mod.
    I'm working a lot with led's, got about 3000 on stock of them hehe. And plenty of green and some UV led's will be used in this case, no CCFL's, I'm not able to do the things i want to do with them due to their larger size.

Fresh Paint

Cool... Well let me know how it goes, can't wait to see more pictures. If you can, post a list of the hardware specs... I love to see what others use to make their pcs hum.
    One day my friend called me up and told me there was something wrong with his computer. "It wont turn on!",he said. I decided to come over and check it out. when i got there i pluged it in and pushed the power button. it hummed to life. behold the power of the power outlet.

Hardware specs? Don't know, i'm not a hardware geek, i have a AMD s939 X2 3500+, 2x80GB, 1GB, 6800ultra, and that's good enough for me, i'm not a gamer, i rather spend my time on modding hehe. So when this mod is almost done i will take a look at the hardware specs. Contact some sponsors etc.

Anyway, i might could use your advice:

Following some calculation, a creative mind and drawings his legs should be a good length. But the alien is now 75cm long. And i was planning to build the case that long... So shall i cut off 5cm of his legs or make the case 80cm long? I think long legs are looking good, because of his small body, long arms and his chest and shoulders will have some skin that will be pointing outwards.

That does might need a picture to describe:

Phear my paint skills. Here you see his shoulders and chest pointing outwards, they will also have a little different color from the rest with some engraving.

That is looking awesome! I wouldn't shorten the legs any more, I think aliens looks better with long skinny legs vs short stubby ones. Another option is bending the legs at the knee.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

haha...can we call him stubby? He's like an alien hobbit.

Another option is bending the legs at the knee.
    I think this would be a good idea, if not a must have. Or you could sever the legs at the 'knee' and make it look like something has hacked his legs away.

Or...if it doesn't ruin your plan...sever the legs and put him in a wheel chair...

These are just ideas i'm throwing out there. The legs look a little short to me, but the rest looks utterly fantastic. Looking forward to seeing him up and about!

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!