Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

You could probably come up with any number of more natural positions for the legs and I think it would add tremendously to the overall look. I know he's in the hospital, but he looks a little too rigormortis. He needs some contrapposto detail to enhance the realism.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

You could probably come up with any number of more natural positions for the legs and I think it would add tremendously to the overall look. I know he's in the hospital, but he looks a little too rigormortis. He needs some contrapposto detail to enhance the realism.
    Lol...this guy's a med student, so he knows his stuff. I'm sure he can help you come up with a vibrant pose for the model.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Ok, i don't get all the technical english words hehe, but i think what you guys mean. Thanks, it's good to have some feedback
    The plan was to give 1 leg a large gap in it with a lot of blood an a direct view to his bones. But hacking it off would be funny too That means even more blood, bones and wires coming out of his leg hehe.

Positioning the hacked off leg is lot easier: 1 leg cutted of around his knee, lying straight, with some 'rag' (babelfish word) around it. On the picture his left leg is a bit bended around his knee, in such a way his feet is pointing outwards.

Note that 1 arm is in normal position with his hand on his body, like you might do the same when laying on your back. The other arm will be in some kind of clamps to act like some kind of medical machine. That's why it's lying straight to his body.

I have an idea...you could give him a single robotic leg with damage, coupled with an organic leg with damage? It would go with the theme. I'm still thinking the legs look too short somehow.

-Dave

Nice, by the way, I completely forgot to ask this. What's the diagnosis, trauma? Rigormortis is when a body has been dead for a short time it gets very stiff and the arms and legs become difficult to bend. This goes away after some time but usually long after the body is out of the hospital. The contrapposto term is used to describe an innovation in sculpture by the Greeks who improved on the Egyptian style (picture the sculptures with perfectly straight arms and legs) by making the figure stand relaxed and uneven to disperse body weight more realisticly. Try lying down in exactly the position the alien is and then find a more comfortble position to see if it would look good on the alien. Sometimes a very subtle composition change like this can add so much to your work it's suprising. Also, will there be a heart monitor? Cause that would be cool as hell!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Me and Crimson Sky had a chat, and we both agree that this is an exemplary worklog: Good write-ups, great responses from the creator, excellent photography, and not to mention a damn good mod to boot.

For these reasons and more, we've moved your worklog into the Featured Section. It's a pleasure watching your work unfold, and in the Featured Gallery, you can both get the attention you deserve, and act as an example to other worklog writers, so they can see what makes a worklog great.

Congrats man, keep up the good work!

-Dave & Paul

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

congrats on the feature!

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Nice, by the way, I completely forgot to ask this. What's the diagnosis, trauma? Rigormortis is when a body has been dead for a short time it gets very stiff and the arms and legs become difficult to bend. This goes away after some time but usually long after the body is out of the hospital. The contrapposto term is used to describe an innovation in sculpture by the Greeks who improved on the Egyptian style (picture the sculptures with perfectly straight arms and legs) by making the figure stand relaxed and uneven to disperse body weight more realisticly. Try lying down in exactly the position the alien is and then find a more comfortble position to see if it would look good on the alien. Sometimes a very subtle composition change like this can add so much to your work it's suprising. Also, will there be a heart monitor? Cause that would be cool as hell!
    kudos!

I agree with the heart monitor...that would be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Me and Crimson Sky had a chat, and we both agree that this is an exemplary worklog: Good write-ups, great responses from the creator, excellent photography, and not to mention a damn good mod to boot.

For these reasons and more, we've moved your worklog into the Featured Section. It's a pleasure watching your work unfold, and in the Featured Gallery, you can both get the attention you deserve, and act as an example to other worklog writers, so they can see what makes a worklog great.

Congrats man, keep up the good work!

-Dave & Paul
    Thank you very much! Sure I'll keep up the good work

Heart monitor shouldn't be a problem if i have a way to make a AVI or whatever with a heartbeat display. I can put my GF up too that, she's familair with AVI's, editting and recording etc. I have a psone display laying around for this project. Also some other displays like a large 64x128 touch screen and 4x20LCD's. Later i will try to find out wich i can control by PC or microcontroller. (good for baybus too)

About the diagnose: Something like a UFO crash. So he may have a lot of wounds and blood etc. On his arm there is a open wound, on his stomach too, a little blood on his head and next are his legs.

I think it looks great when there is no feet anymore, only a sheet of wrapped skin and bones (made of steel) and wires pointing outwards. The other feet could be made of metal. In that way it could look like he lost 1 metal feet, or that they're working to give him 2 metal feets after a accident. People could use they're own imagination on that

Well, lets try your advice and do some testing about his position. His back has a bit too much clay on it, lets first remove that to get a more flat back and spend some time on the size of his shoulders. If that's done, the arms will have a better position too.

Hi, I only just came across this mod, looks great! If you are having issues fitting him in, I think the gory detached torso method may appeal and would also give you an excuse for more gory chunks

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the project!
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com