Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Mod (sorry bmw mod)

Default Bugatti Mod (sorry bmw mod)

Alrighty, I'm new to the whole modding deal, but I'm not new to 3d studio max! I'm hoping it will come in handy with this mod.

The basic idea is to make my own case from scratch, completely new, nothing taken from other cases at all. This is my first mod, so am I a little ahead of myself? Absolutely. Just a little bit of background, I have been building computers since my sophomore year in High School (barely 15 years old). I'm now in college, so I have the hardware process down pat. After reading these forums constantly and being inspired by the greatest (you know who you are), I have decided to build my own: Bugatti Mod

If you have not seen the Bugatti Veyron, feast your eyes.

Just a few specs *clears throat*:
    1001 Horsepower
    W16 engine (thats right 16)
    248.5 top speed
    1.3 million dollar car

Now go change ur boxers, and read on.

Okay, I've been working on this In 3d studio max. 3ds is usually used for movies, but because you can use units, it will do fine as a makeshift CAD program. Here are the pictures so far.

That's what I've got so far... I haven't worked with watercooling yet, but I may scrap some of the fans and switch to that. It depends how much money I want to spend...

Okay, now to explain my renderings. The blue box, as many of you may be wondering, is the 7 or 8 inch LCD screen! I was inspired by you geniuses out there that I had to do it. There will only be room for one cd drive /cry, but whatev, i barely use it and a CD/DVD burner will suffice.

The red box in the case, as seen from the back, near the top is the PSU. The flat red box under that is the ATX motherboard dimensions.

All of the orange boxes are 80mm fans (80x80x25mm). It may be hard to see but, there will be 2 fans behind the grill, one in the back of the case, 2 fans under the top air intakes, and later on I may add 2 100mm fans, one to go under each of the "EB" logos.

The majority of the case will be made out of dark acrylic, with a clear acrylic spot to see the interior. Sure the case may look nice, but everyone wants to see under the hood .

The task: Daunting
    The tools: I have some...
    The enthusiasm: Nothing can stop me.

If you have any questions/tips/etc plz leave them! As mentioned before I'm a noob, I'll need all the help from you guys as I can get!

Default Re: Bugatti Mod (sorry bmw mod)

a "noob" that can use 3ds Max! I remember that from back in my Halo PC days. Never could figure it out though. Looks good I like, hope you decide to go through with it.

Fantastic idea, built on a fantastic theme (I've seen the Bugatti Veyron Top Gear Episode). So far I cant find fault in your design, and I really like how the front and top arent just a flat level surface; the angles are tantalizing.

And more fun facts: VW looses around 5 million for every one of those sold.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Yeah, I realllly want to do this, but I need to talk to an acrylic expert, a bondo expert, and an LCD expert!

I need to figure out the easiest way to sink some screwholes into this, then i can screw the side windows on for easy acess. I also don't know anything about LCD screens, but it doesn't look complicated. And then Bondo of course; i'll just read some tutorials.

Does anyone know where, you can buy the metals plates for a computer case:

Its that whole plate, with the pci slots, and mobo slots.

Anodized

ahhhhh if i was you i would call up a computer fixing place and ask them for an old case and take the drive bays and the back of it. it would save some time and money.... just an idea
    A wise man once said "Enjoy every sandwich."

I was thinking I might have to do that. I was hoping to find a website that sold extra parts like that, I have an acrylic case right now, and it has the peice I need. I really dno't want to dissect that case, but I'll see if I can rip apart some old Dell, or I'll just buy THIS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811164023

I really don't care if the case works or not, I can take it apart and use its parts, including the mobo/pci plate.

I was Googling before and came up with the following site: http://www.mycableshop.com/3rd_Level/Internal-IO.htm

Hope This Helps.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Wow this site has some neat stuff, I'm looking through it to see if they have the whole piece... They have tons of I/O shields, but those come with the mobo anyways... I need the part that the I/O shields go into.

I need that huge metal piece... this is the case I have right now, but I snagged the pic from www.xoxide.com. I may end up using the back panel from my old case, which would eliminate the problem entireley.

I also might make room for this...

LoL!

Thanks for your help!

I am in the process of making one of those from plexi... (the I/O panel not the cup holder) because metal would not work for my mod. I just recently threw out the back part of the case....

Lol, I think I've got it worked out though.