Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free stuff!

Default Free stuff!

So, I have a whole bunch of stuff I'm willing to give away for free as long as you pay for shipping. I have stuff to give away because I just got a new mobo for my HTPC, which means I have most of two systems to give away. I'm still busy getting things going. It's 1AM here as I type and I'm installing windows on the HTPC. I'll get pics if you want them.

1) Two (2x) Power Player Super Joystick & Power Gun.
    This is one of those NES on a chip devices with a million games in one thing. I at one point was going to built it into a gameboy with a tiny LCD screen, etc. It never happened and I'm moving on. So . . . I will give both of these away for free, plus I think I have the tiny LCDs, plus some empty gameboys, plus a book called "Hacking Video Game Consoles" by Ben Heckendorn.

2) LGA 775 System . . . mostly complete.
    This is what is coming out of the HTPC. I'm actually not really sure what was causing it to crash so much before. I want to say ram, but maybe the ram controller, or overheating, or a really corrupt windows install. In any case, you'll get a mobo, Q9550 CPU, and ram-a-plenty. Maybe I'll throw in some other bits too.

3) Dell system without video card, CPU, ram, hard drive, or optical drive. So like, an LGA 1155 mobo in a case with a PSU.
    This is the system that I raided for the HTPC. Since all I got was a new mobo (I needed more SATA ports), I just nabbed everything else since it's all working fine. I'm not sure what an LGA 1155 mobo like this is worth, and I don't know what chipset it has, so . . . free!

4) Lots of old games and some music CDs

I'll just list them here. Take the whole lot or none.
    Music
    Kings of Leon
    Come around Sundown
    Youth and Young Manhood
    Only by the Night
    Aha Shake Heartbreak
    Because of the Times
    Postal Service
    Such Great Heights
    Bach 25 Favorites
    Darci Cash
    In the Company of Strangers
    Disney's Ultimate Swashbuckler (it's better than you'd think)

Games
    Dune 2000
    King's Quest Collection
    Moto Racer
    Shivers
    Sim Earth
    Frank Herbert's Dune
    Sim Tower
    Emperor: Battle for Dune
    Chex Quest
    The Dig
    GTA: The Classics Collection
    Lego Indiana Jones (PC-DVD)

Again, I'm busy, so I'll get pics up if anyone is interested. I'm happy to give this away to anyone, but established members can jump the line over anyone who might join the forum just for free stuff.
    Last edited by d_stilgar; 06-21-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Default Re: Free stuff!

I definitely don't need another major hacking project like the game controller, although I'm really tempted. The LGA 775 system sounds much more immediately useful and could be put to use in my Bad Apple G5 mod or if I get my hands on an ASUS Vento for my planned Neon Genesis Evangelion Unit 01 mod. Definitely can use functional computer guts. Don't need anything super high end for either of those, as most of the stuff is going to get hidden. Doesn't need top of the line parts.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

If you want that system, it's yours. I'll try and get a shipping estimate and get it all out to you.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

If TLHarrell doesn't take the 775 system I'll take it for sure!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

:-) Awesome.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Alright. LGA 775 system is claimed. Other things still available.

i'd gladly take the NES on a chip

Sounds good farlo. Do you want both of them? Do you want the LCD panels as well? Let me know how much you want and your address. My plan is to just mail everything out and let people send me the shipping later. If the shipping ends up being more than you had planned on, then just reimburse up to what you wanted spend on shipping.

Also, more stuff added to first post.
    Last edited by d_stilgar; 06-21-2014 at 01:43 PM.

just 1, no lcds, ill pm address.

Emperor Battle for Dune is a great older RTS. Love it. I still play it.