Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's still around from the old days (pre 2010) ?

Default Re: So who's still around from the old days (pre 2010) ?

I'm baaaaaack. Need to post pictures of the most recent Lian Li build.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Hey Luke! Glad to hear things are going well.

I signed up in 2008 and still doing the same things I was then: working too much at a job I despise and watching my kids grow up. Did a big mod for Quakecon this year, took 1st place in the Bethesda theme category.

I lost my dad right after that and it really kind of changed my point of view. I was doing some writing and review work for another site but dropped that and I'm in the process of selling off my excess pieces and parts. Refocusing on the family as you did, because we never know when the day will come.

I'll get back into it in a few years when they are grown and on their own but for now I'm just... consolidating.

But I'll still be here.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

i joined in 2009 i guess

Since 2005 for me. I'd be willing to paint said TBCS super mod.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I'm still here as well, though like a number of others I disappeared for a good while.

I have returned though, and am even working on a case mod with my girlfriend!

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

It's sure great to see so many familiar names are still around!

This site certainly has changed since my last visit, so it's good to have a bit of familiarity to it.

Ok, so... TBCS vintage members super mod.. lets get something together, and start a new thread for it.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Since I've developed quite a few contacts in the industry I may be able to get some goodies from Intel and a few other companies.

Intel has actually provided me with some pretty cool stuff for my own builds (couple of 240gb 720 series SSD'd, Msata card, K series processor, Motherboard from Asus (Z87WS) and a few other things). I also have a fully loaded NUC to play with.

They have also recently supplied a dual socket workstation motherboard and 2x E5-2697-V2's and enterprise grade SSD'd for a watercooled workstation I am planning. I actually have to modify my Thermaltake Sword M chassis to accommodate the motherboard.

The custom chassis is also on the table as well as a _possible_ chassis from ProtoCase (TBCS design) (My rep is still getting approval from Marketing if we give them some advertising space).
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Ive been around since 2008, but kinda back to lurking lately
    Will

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

I've found my way Back here. Been a wild ride the last several years... Too many moves, division of assets, long hours at work, and a couple of 80+ year old hot rods have gotten in my way. But I've got some Ideas for a new mod that might be kind of cool and will most definitely test my abilities and pull in some "new" skills that I've picked up during my time away.

CBB

(I can help with some small part copper or nickel Plating, 3d printing, or cnc routing all things done "in house")

I love that this thread is moving fairly slowly, but that we have so many "old-timers" posting when most of us usually just lurk.

Whatever this mod might be, it's bigger than what my concept was. We should go to the drawing boards (including me) and post some concepts so we can decide what we want to do if we're going to do this thing.