Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: So who's still around from the old days (pre 2010) ?

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: So who's still around from the old days (pre 2010) ?

I lurk as well.

Lots have changed. I'm now one of two Sec Ops guys at my employer, which has changed since I really made any sort of post here. Moved further west as well, but not too much. Missoula MT is my home now.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

@Airbozo: Not to pat ourselves on the back too much, but the things you pointed out are exactly why I got hooked on TBCS in the first place. There aren't many places on the internet that I have found where a group of intelligent people can have cogent and (largely) respectful and honest conversations without anyone getting but-hurt or going off on rants about why "I'm right and you're wrong, because I said so!". Why that is, I do not know, but that above everything else is why I love TBCS; because it is one of those rare places.

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    Missoula MT is my home now.
    Holy crap, I actually know where that is...hurray for the internet!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

(The irony of this emoticon at the moment does not escape me )

On a serious note though, I do agree with x88x and Airbozo. I have tried to join other sites and just never found them to be as friendly a place to be. They always fall short of the vibe here. I enjoy reading well composed and complete sentences where punctuation is employed. I'm not a stickler for perfection in punctuation and grammar; I find that I am more likely to enjoy reading posts that are easy to read. In my experience, I've found posts that meet these criteria here more often than elsewhere.

The other really big point for me, x88x mention briefly. Respect. That is a rare commodity on the internet, the land of keyboards of anonymity. I feel that we're good at welcoming modders of all types, providing useful and constructive feedback, and genuinely taking interest in each others work.

On completely different note, I would like to join Drum Thumper in Beerlandia (according to his country avatar)
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    Missoula MT is my home now.
    There was an architecture firm there that was interested in hiring me, but Missoula is too middle-of-nowhere for me. Flying to family would have been a nightmare. I do love the outdoors, though. Imagine. We could have been neighbors!

I pop on now and again. I was getting ready to do a mod and had a case of the warm fuzzies.
    Not dead yet

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Last month was my 10 year mark! Keep in touch at my Facebook group MyeXtremePC
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I used to lurk all the time, with just a few comments here and there. I still lurk, just not as much. I still don't have too much as far as case mods go. I bought a NZXT case to build back in '10 or '11 and it's still sitting in a corner in it's box awaiting it's demise/rebirth. Ever since I've graduated high school, it's been a busy life for me! I'm trying to get back into modding somewhat.
    Jon

I hate HP. Yet here I am, using a HP G60 Series notebook with an HP desktop sitting at my home desk.... But the best part is that it was all free. Now slowly switching to Dell stuff!

Man, I remember damn near everyone in this thread.

I have to admit I pretty much lost interest in casemodding and spending my day browsing forums. However, in the process of cleaning up my apartment I've dug out an old case I've always wanted to mod. At this point I'm either going to toss the case or just do the project. I've got an urge to build something, so I figure I may as well go ahead and mod it.

So stay tuned for project NightShift.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

I... have... returned...
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::