Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: So who's still around from the old days (pre 2010) ?

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Default Re: So who's still around from the old days (pre 2010) ?

Does anybody know why not a single one of my pictures are showing up in my old worklog? I know it's old now, but the pictures are still there when I log into both my photobucket and imageshack accounts.....
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Wow, haven't been on here in ages. lol Spent a lot of time on this site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

....and the thread is resurrected again!

So what's new for me?

Still working for an MSP in western Canada, we are growing like MAD. Having a huge corporate backing can do that.

My boys are now 8 and 10 years old, and they've finally caught the PC gaming bug. I've built a few computers for them, and we have now setup our own LAN gaming Arcade in the basement. 4 x 24" monitors, and 4 x decent gaming computers. Torchlight 2 is the current game of choice for all 4 of us to play together in the evenings, but with the summer finally starting to show evidence of appearing, the gaming time will likely reduce pretty greatly until the autumn.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    ....and the thread is resurrected again!

So what's new for me?

Still working for an MSP in western Canada, we are growing like MAD. Having a huge corporate backing can do that.

My boys are now 8 and 10 years old, and they've finally caught the PC gaming bug. I've built a few computers for them, and we have now setup our own LAN gaming Arcade in the basement. 4 x 24" monitors, and 4 x decent gaming computers. Torchlight 2 is the current game of choice for all 4 of us to play together in the evenings, but with the summer finally starting to show evidence of appearing, the gaming time will likely reduce pretty greatly until the autumn.
    I am finally back in IT still at the same company. Opened a bunch of T Mobile stores recently and in the last couple of days been fighting this latitued e5450 which just stopped working. I came here wondering if anyone was still active that worked with dell laptops lol.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

I raise this thread from the dead.. AGAIN! I'm going to get a necromancer badge, honestly..

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I raise this thread from the dead.. AGAIN! I'm going to get a necromancer badge, honestly..
    You just want my email address lol
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Well we finally got off the Computer STD blacklist, so maybe we will see people trickle back in when they don't have Chrome giving them a big red screen saying this site is unsafe!

but .. I'm still here!

Still here as well!

What's been up with me?

Company I was with for almost 14 years closed (owner decided to retire and wouldn't sell me the business), so after 9 months off, doing contract work and fixing up the house and property I ended up in the Chassis division of Supermicro. I got to design a few custom systems for some security and storage customers. My favorite was the 12" cube NAS box that holds 12 3.5" SAS drives and 4 2.5" sata or ssd drives. One day that chassis might see the light of day as a product. Couldn't take being the only white guy in my group of 45 people (and the only one that didn't speak Mandarin), so I went on vacation, came back and walked out. Ended up at a company called Synnex, a major distributor for all things electronic (mostly computer stuff), in the OEM manufacturing department. Same as my long time job, but with a bigger company and a couple dozen manufacturing lines. I onboard customers into our manufacturing process.

I also sit in the same bullpen area as all of the Intel, Asus, Nvidia and Samsung Product Managers, and I am working on them for build sponsors and freebies...

Bought another motorcycle off ebay. Seriously good deal on a bike I had been following for over a year. It's a 2009 Buell XB12R and had just over 500 miles when I picked it up 2 years ago.

It's the best handling motorcycle I have ever ridden.

I have also been slowly restoring my 1995 Sportster. Tore it completely down and have been powdercoating, cleaning and painting everything and rebuilding what needs it.

Here is how it sits right now as I work on repainting the engine:

What has everyone else been up to?

Thanks for getting us off the naughty list OvRiDe!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I just randomly clicked my TBCS link saved on my favorites for chrome and here we are! Never did finish that Centurion 5 mod... I am such a failure :'( I ran into several issues with it and decided to scrap it. Now I have a 3 year old and another on her way and it doesn't feel like I'll ever get back into this type of hobby because of the time and patience required. Maybe I need to discipline myself more! Anyway good running back into this forum. Hope everyone is doing really well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I think I've been here since around 2005. I pop in from time to time. I'm a grandpa now to two boys. Got in to airbrushing for a while, but then got a vinyl cutter. Vinyl decals, and now sublimation printing have taken over. I haven't painted in a couple of years.