Thread: The G-Pack gaming pc. What do yoyu guys think?

Default The G-Pack gaming pc. What do yoyu guys think?

Found this in my meandering of the internet. A gaming pc designed to be mounted behind your TV, and can also be used with wall mounts. Personally, I think it's a great idea, but wondering what you guys think.

Here's their website: piixl.com

And here's their kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gaming-machine

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: The G-Pack gaming pc. What do yoyu guys think?

Pretty cool looking! That's a slick looking product, takes a lot of ideas from 1U servers and makes them consumer friendly.
    TheMainMan

Default Re: The G-Pack gaming pc. What do yoyu guys think?

I like new form factors which break tradition, at least the intelligently-conceived ones intended to serve some useful dedicated purpose.

This thing kinda looks like a laptop sans screen to me. Maybe a replacement for game consoles and basic computing/internet stuff. I think it would perform well enough but just not have enough oomphf for serious PC gaming. I expect modding and component replacement options might be constrained by physical dimensions.

Fairly capable mid-/high-end component selections, a little vague on specs ("16GB DDR3" could mean a lot of different things...) - but it's pure Intel so it's gonna have high-end pricing. To be honest, "500W PSU" tells me everything I need to know about it's capabilities.

But it could spawn a beautiful new hybrid console/computer market, and I for one would love to see a competetive alternative to ye olde PlayStation-n-XBox offerings, especially if it could operate (online and offline) without some play-subscription model, especially if the hardware can be continuously upgraded one piece at a time rather than simply lumping in an as-is model/version/gen number for each new iteration.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.