Thread: Wanted - custom case for a diy Cintiq,

Fresh Paint

Default Wanted - custom case for a diy Cintiq,

all my parts have arrived and i am going to begin my build this weekend , I am in need of someone to make a case for my project. any interested individuals leave me a message and i will get back to you on dimensions and such, please only USA residents since shipping cost would be too high otherwise.

Default Re: Wanted - custom case for a diy Cintiq,

I have a 25"x25"x5" CNC machine and a 20"x12" laser. I work mainly in acrylic. Do you have a CAD model for your case? Sketchup? I could take a look at it and see what I can do with it.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Fresh Paint

sorry i have not replied sooner having problems with hardware i ordered thinking i have a bad lcd controller board and it might take a little time to correct emailing back and forth to china, but i will let you know when it is fixed and i can work up some plans for you.

More information! lol!

We love projects like this.

I have one of the Cintiq 21" first generation models on my desk at home so you piqued my interest.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    More information! lol!

We love projects like this.

I have one of the Cintiq 21" first generation models on my desk at home so you piqued my interest.
    Mine wont be that big only a 12 by 9 inch work space, wanted to be able to make it portable and able to use it on my laptop , so i am using a 15 inch lcd panel , most people use wacom tablets but i decided to try a vistablet, i could get a bigger workspace at a lower cost ( although it does not have all the bells and whistles built in to it) I plan on using a numeric keypad and macro software to get those,
    problem i am having is that i got the highest resolution panel i could find, 1600 by 1200 , on a 4x3 15 inch screen is not easy to find ( at a decent price). that is the basic part.
    The problem i have is to get it to work you need a lcd controller and inverter for the lcd panel the panels have to be programmed for the resolution of the monitor this is i believe where my problem is when i hooked everything up i get power to the lcd, back light works but no display, since the monitor was brand new in the box , not from a tear down, I dont think they programmed it for my monitor. And since the only place to get a cheap controller is from china, i either have to have them program it again or buy a programming device from them (50 dollars) and do it myself.I am thinking of buying the hardware and making sure it is programmed right, getting the hardware would allow me to do other projects in the future if i want to make something else also.
    I wish that there was a usa based company that sold these at a reasonable price but there is not so anyone trying it is stuck going thru china to get them.
    so either way i am going to have to wait for shipping it took 14 days for the controller to get here the first time maybe i can get them to cut me a deal on air shipping since the problem was on their end,

Have you considered creating a CAD model for your DIY Cintiq case, and would that be something you could provide for the potential manufacturers? Additionally, what specific challenges are you facing with the LCD controller board, and have you explored alternative solutions or troubleshooting methods?

Fresh Paint

What specifications or features are you looking for in a custom case for your DIY Cintiq, and are there any specific design preferences you have in mind?