Thread: Muscle Car Choices?

Default Muscle Car Choices?

Which ones would you select from the past and the present? Classic T/As had style, and the Chrysler SRT8 Core seems to represent modern muscle best. I guess this is about some models we would like to own, space and money permitting, lol.

Firebird T/A

Core viddy

Gremlin 401-XR

Default Re: Muscle Car Choices?

The 300 SRT Core is good but I think if you are going to represent "modern" muscle the Challenger SRT8 Hellcat would be a better candidate...

If you have to have 4 doors they also make it in a Charger version...

Hemi-Cuda. Hands down favorite.

If I had the money I would have a fully functional version of this built. I'm a Half Life nut, so this would be awesome.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    The 300 SRT Core is good but I think if you are going to represent "modern" muscle the Challenger SRT8 Hellcat would be a better candidate...
    I love the Hellcat. I might be showing my age but to be honest I'd be happy with a lower-powered sedan of some kind with the Hellcat interior:

They got that one RIGHT.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Funny on how things time out... This thread starts up and my buddy from Austin just popped up on my doorstep last night with a brand new Challenger R/T Scat Pack. 392 Hemi with a stage one computer tune putting down 515HP. I will just say... IT'S INSANE. So I can't even fathom what the Hellcat is like.

The interior layout ie, dash, gauges, controls are the same as the Hellcat, the only difference was his has black leather and suede instead of the saddle color (Dodge calls it "Sepia Laguna" and I think it is just gorgous). I dunno if they will make it an option on the the regular Chargers but I bet if you really wanted it they could put it together for you.

It's about time that Chrysler/Dodge stepped up the interiors. Our Magnum has a decent interior, but they really could have done better. I think they really nailed it this year.

I have heard rumors of a 300 Hellcat, but also have seen Chrysler denying it, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Another fun factoid.. 1 in 6 Hellcat's on the street have already been wrecked.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Another fun factoid.. 1 in 6 Hellcat's on the street have already been wrecked.
    Although sad, this is the least shocking thing I have read all day. And I just finished checking what time it was.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

2 cars I miss:
    1969 Chevelle (mine was baby blue)

Mine was a sleeper for sure. Badge said 318, but it was a 327 with some engine work and an inline shifter with a rock crusher transmission. I knew the sound of that engine so well, I could shift without using the clutch. Had that baby airborne a few times and sideways through the corners a lot.

I love Chevelle's. Maybe they will bring those back next.

...and my 1975 Rover 2500S (not a muscle car but a great ride with lots of power)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

The Mustang, It is an amazing car!!!

The mach one Mustang is a beautiful pieces of machinery with a V8 that will make you weak at the knees.